7 month old doesn't wanna nurse

Desi's_lost

baby girl,boy and me
Reaction score
My nearly 7 month old doesn't really nurse. He'll only nurse to sleep and at night I'll put him to bed around 7-8pm. Every hour for the next 2-3 he will wake up to nurse. Never more than about 10 min at a time, though I do have a fast letdown. but at his normal meal times, I'll put him to the breast and he will wiggle and cry until I put him down. Then, he'll turn around and eat a 4oz pouch of baby food -.- I don't know if I should follow his lead or start to offer formula in a sippy cup or what :/ 7 months just seems really young to be only having maybe 16oz of milk max. (Making a rough guess off what I would get when I used to pump). Honestly, I don't think he'd bother with the formula either, seeing it won't taste yummy like food.

In case anyone else comes across the problem, the dr said that it's not a huge concern, but to try either expressing milk or putting formula in a sippy cup.
Will see if that works.

Since weaning really took off for my LO he's been far more interested in food than his milk. He has a really good feed at about 6am and then doesn't have any more than a few little sucks here and there till 2/3pm! When he has his lunch he's obviously thirsty because he sucks like mad on his sippy cup and drinks most of his water.

He always makes up for it at night though, he's up at least 3 times for a feed every night :dohh:

Good to know its nothing to worry about :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->