7 month old not eating solids

haze

Mum + Pink Bump
Reaction score
DD is nearly 7 months (tomorrow) and she refuses to eat solids. I've tried her on finger foods and purees and baby rice and porridge, she refuses them all, spitting them out, making a face like the food is sour? I have no idea what to do :( My DS was a proper food baby, he loved food from 6months on and weaning him was no trouble.

Just put the food on her tray and let her play with them, lots of bight coloured fruit and veg will make it interesting. In time I'm sure she will start to eat some

Hi hun

Don't have much experience but how about putting a little fruit puree on your fingers and letting her lick/suck it off? Maybe once she gets used to the taste she might take it from a spoon?

J x

Thanks, I will try both of those :)

Try to make her tray colourful and diff textures. Had problems lately myself so tried water melon careful of the pips. On same tray I tried carrot batons, breadsticks (the fav), pear and sweet pots...good luck ?! X

I have the exact same situation!! LO is almost 7 months and refuses most things apart from yoghurt..hmm. Although I did find, she pays more attention when I put finger food on her plate. I wonder if my lo just doesn't enjoy purees/mashed food and would rather go straight to finger food.

My son was the same as yours, easy peasy! Bit of a shock when the other sibling doesn't react quite the way you were expecting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->