7 week old only naps on her stomach while being held

DandJ

First time mom
Reaction score
My 7 week old girl only takes naps during the day if she is sleeping on her stomach on our chests. Clearly this restricts a lot of what I can do. I wear her sometimes in the front of my Moby wrap but even then I can't do much.

She hadn't learned to rollover from front to back and vice versa yet, so I don't put her in her crib belly down. Is there another way she can sleep on her tummy that doesn't revolve sleeping on us?

My LO would only fall asleep on her stomach by the time she was 3 weeks old. We would put her down on her tummy and sit with her, then once she was asleep we rolled her onto her back. We did that until she learned to roll over on her own at 12 weeks old, then if we put her on her back she would always roll herself back to her stomach so we would just leave her on her stomach.

You could put her on her tummy if you literally sit there and watch her (but again, then you still can't get much done). My daughter always slept on us or in the wrap and actually I found the wrap was much easier even than putting her down to sleep, because then I could actually get things done. I could do the dishes, go outside to hang up clothes, take a walk and not have to tiptoe around or take the monitor everywhere with me. Otherwise, I would say persist with trying to put her down to sleep on her back. You might find swaddling, a sleeping pod or hammock might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->