7 weeks and just started bleeding. Advice! UPDATE

MrsClark24

Reaction score
I'm 7 weeks and 1 day and today I've started bleeding. It's a small amount but much more than spotting. It's fresh red blood and enough to change the colour of 5he toilet water.

If I am having a miscarriage what do I do? Do I go to the doctor? It's Sunday here in the UK so my doc won't be open until tomorrow. :cry:

Other point- Me and hubby DTD this morning and I noticed the blood straight after.

Please offer any advice you have. I've never been in this situation before.

***UPDATE***

On Monday 18th at 8 weeks and 3 days we lost our baby. Scan on 19th confirmed. :cry::cry::cry: Thank you for your support when I first posted.

It could be because you DTD. I would try to lie down and relax for abit see if the bleeding stops. If not and you are worried ring early pregnancy at the hospital they should see you. If you are bleeding a little more than spotting then I'd hold of DTD again until after 13 weeks. X

I agree it could be due to DTD but I mc in sept and in my experience I started bleeding quite lightly but bright red and over a 24 hour period it became really heavy and painful until I passed the sac. I would definately monitor how the bleeding continues. Is it enough you need to wear a pad? Are you getting any pain? If so I'd contact EPU, you're far enough along that if they scan you they should be able to tell you what's happening and if baby is ok.
I hope everything is ok for you and just remember the stats are like 1:5 people bleed in early pregnancy and it turns out to be nothing. Fingers crossed for you X

Mrsclark, how are you doing today? Did the bleeding stop?

Still have bleeding but went and had a scan and baby is there with a heartbeat :) So not sure why the bleeding is happening but I'm so so relieved that baby is ok!! Thank you all!

I had bleeding from 7 - 8 weeks. That baby is now almost 10 months. Good luck!

well that's fantastic!

I've read numerous blogs of women who had bleeding early during pregnancy and everything turns out okay. Sometimes they say it could be irritation of the cervix from bedding, or maybe the embie is just digging deeper in the uterine wall. Who knows really but I'm happy that everything is okay!

I had something similar after DTD but was further along (18 weeks I think) turned out to be a scab near my cervix that got knocked off. Midwife even drew a picture of it for me lol. Glad you've seen the heartbeat, try & rest!

Love happy updates like this. Congrats

Hi guys, I'm sorry to say it's bad news after all. I lost baby on Monday at 8 weeks and 3 days.

It's even worse after seeing the heartbeat at the scan just 6 days before I ended up miscarrying. Thank you all for your support though. xx

The very same thing happened to me with my first miscarriage. I had a tremendous amount of bleeding, went to the dr. They did an ultrasound and there was still a heartbeat so they sent me home to rest. I went back a week later and the heartbeat had stopped. They never explained and told me why something like this happens. It's heartbreaking to get a sense of false hope to later find out that the pregnancy was no longer viable. I completely feel your pain and hope that you are okay. sending lots of warm hugs. :hugs:

So very sorry! I just had a mc in October and passed the baby while going to the restroom prior to my first ultrasound 😢 I am so sorry you are going through this! Here if you need to talk. Hugs!

I am so sorry for your loss MrsC. So sorry. Rest up and take extra good care of yourself. Many thoughts are with you.

Heartbreaking to hear this. The same happened to me except I saw baby with heart beating away in the morning and passed the baby later on the same day. I have my little picture of him/her but it's all I have now so I'm grateful I had the scan when I did. I hope you're ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->