• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

7 Weeks but baby measuring at 6 Weeks 1 day?

wannabemamaz

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I need some reassurance. I had my first US today. I am exactly 7 weeks. The tech found baby right away. The sac measured 7 weeks 6 days and baby measured 6 weeks 1 day. Heartrate was 124bpm.

She said that I needed to follow up with my Dr because the baby is measuring 6 days behind. My dr's office has not yet received the report from the US clinic.. so I am sitting here in limbo waiting for some answers.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something to worry about? I should also mention that last week at 5w5d my hcg was 11,490 and at 6w my HCG was 20,470 - my dr was very happy with the doubling. All signs point to a good pregnancy except for the baby measuring small.

Any insight or reassurance at this point would be a God send. I am beyond stressed. I had a MC in February and am so stressed. :cry:

I wouldn't be concerned about it hun! The US showed a sac, baby, and a heartbeat! That's great! Focus on that! Also remember, ultrasounds can be a up to a week or so off either way, especially early on. With my daughter I measured 1 week behind at my early scan and then by the time I had my 20 week scan, she had gained that week back.

I'm not sure where you went to get an US but some of those places are just for ultrasounds, meaning that they don't diagnose anything or tell you much of anything. I had a private scan yesterday and an US place and they told me that they do no diagnosing .. All they do it find the baby, measure it, find the heartbeat, and if far enough along determine gender. I know there are some places that are different though, but the always recommend following up with your doctor and on my paper in big letters that I got from my US it says "this is not to be used in place of routine prenatal care"

My daughter measured 8 days behind. Every apt she measured behind. I had her at 38 weeks and she was only 5lbs6oz. They tested my placenta but it was normal. My doc said I probably just make small babies! She is now 11 months and in the 45 percentile!

I thought I was 6 weeks when I went for my first US with lo.
Turns out I was only 4+3.
I obviously O'd late.
Perhaps that's the case with you too.
Best of luck.

Measurements aren't always perfect - you may catch up by the next one. Or you may have ovulated late.

The tech may not have measured a good angle of the baby. I measured a week behind until the tech got a clearer shot then measured again carefully and baby was spot on x

Hey at my first scan he measured the baby at 6. Something mm then he changed the angle and said 'oh baby measures 9.2mm from this angle, which is the measurement he took but just to reassure you baby does measure different sizes from different angles!
Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! :flower:

I went in at 7+4 and they told me I was just over 6. Next appt isn't until 14 October. I'm looking forward to seeing if I catch back up. I'm still optimistic and sticking with my LMP due date; it is only 2 days after DH birthday :)

Thanks ladies for all your experiences! I did speak with my Dr yesterday afternoon and she was not at ALL concerned. She said because my HCG is rising perfectly combined with a strong heartbeat it is nothing at all to worry about (Not to mention I am sick as a dog with MS!). I guess she said it just isn't an exact science.. I feel SO much better! Sheesh.. that US tech really scared the crap outta me!!

Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->