7 year old struggling to sleep.

Foogirl

Baby Abby 11 weeks early
Reaction score
Our 7 year old is generally a brilliant sleeper and always has been.

From time to time (maybe every few months) she has phases where she just cannot get to sleep. Invariably she ends up in my bed because I hate to think of her lying awake, alone in her room. I don't generally have a problem with her in my bed, although I do think it can become a bit like that's the only thing she thinks will fix the problem.

She has a good routine etc, no screens, bedtime story, yadda yadda all the great advice about kids and sleep. 90% of the time she sleeps brilliantly.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can help her in those moments when she just can't sleep?

Wow. Doesn't anyone contribute here any more?

Not as much as they used to unfortunately. I don't really have advice as mine don't do this but I imagine most sleep issues are related to the mind not being able to relax, maybe when she is going through a developmental leap/ something is bothering her? If it was me I would probably just carry on what you're doing

Mine struggles to sleep every night. No real advice to be honest, but I'm trying so hard not to let him come into my room (he can once a week) but he's always slept in his room so j don't want to be going backwards now.

Sorry I can't help more, hopefully she grows out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->