75mg asprin - anyone trying it

Baby aspirin, or low dose aspirin in a dosage of 81mg per tablet, is very beneficial to fertility. There are many other benefits to taking aspirin - such as benefiting the cardiovascular system (because of it's anticoagulative or nonclotting properties), pain reliever (analgesic) and fever reducer. People with heart problems take an aspirin daily, as a precaution to ward off potential heart attacks. If you are allergic to aspirin, have gastrointestinal problems or have problems with your blood clotting, I would suggest not taking it. In fact, anyone interested in beginning aspirin therapy should first seek the advice of their care provider.

You should consider the benefits of aspirin, especially if you have suffered from a miscarriage. But even if you haven't, taking the aspirin can still be beneficial in helping to prevent some future miscarriages. Some miscarriages are caused by a poorly lined uterus. Some are caused from the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies. These are proteins which appear to be related to coagulation problems -which can cause recurrent fetal loss. This happens when there is a disruption in the placental blood flow, due to clotting. The aspirin reduces the risk of clotting

As for helping with the utering lining, it is believed that aspirin helps with the blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. Though this has not been fully researched, taking an aspirin a day certainly cannot hurt. Because of the benefits listed above to the cardiovascular system, it stands to reason that if it also helps with fertility, why not give it a try? I took aspirin myself for about 6 months after my 2nd chemical pregnancy and quit taking it about 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant.

Some doctors will okay taking low dose or baby aspirin in pregnancy, though the majority will not. Ask your doctor, as soon as you become pregnant, as to whether or not to continue with the aspirin.

It doesn't matter what brand of aspirin you choose, as long as it has no more than 81 mg per tablet. This will be in either the chewable baby aspirins, or in the adult low dose aspirin. The tablets are very small and easy to swallow. You only need to take one tiny pill per day to reap the benefits. Taking one low dose or baby aspirin (81 mg) a day is a good thing to add to the supplements you are already taking. If you are suspicious about miscarriages, or have suffered from them in the past, ask your doctor about aspirin. It could very well be what the doctor orders.

And or course I do agree we should ok it with our doc before taking it...but there are great benefits.:)

I never said it wasnt useful, but you need to discuss it with a doctor not just take it because you have read about it somewhere and I wouldnt like people to think it was completley safe to take and wouldnt hurt. In ink's case it might not be, she has mentioned a previous couple of heart ops, she may be on medication or on thinners already and this may not be suitable for her particular situation or anyone elses, we just dont know about peoples backgrounds to say for sure, and they might know they have a problem either that could be made worse by taking it. The part that says taking aspirin daily certainly cannot hurt is untrue, even the warnings on the packets here say that prolonged use can cause stomach ulcers etc. Happy Auntie is spot on!:thumbup:

ladies
do you think the low dose asprin could be he cause of my really bad wind and ibs this month?? I always take it with food etc and have taken other pain relief before with no side effects-just wondering?

Hi, I am ttc for my 5th pregnancy, although i only have 1 dd aged 7. My first stillbirth meant that i was put on aspirin from when i found out i was pregnant the second time and i took this all the way through when pregnant with my daughter. This has also been put into my pregnancy plans after her, although sadly i have had 2 early MC since 2008 :(

I am now again taking 75mg aspirin as have been having few syptoms since friday as per my pregnancy plan - although i have not yet seen my GP yet. I do however think that if someone hasnt been advised to take it by their GP - they ought to check it with their doc before taking it - always better to be sure than sorry i think.

I never said it wasnt useful, but you need to discuss it with a doctor not just take it because you have read about it somewhere and I wouldnt like people to think it was completley safe to take and wouldnt hurt. In ink's case it might not be, she has mentioned a previous couple of heart ops, she may be on medication or on thinners already and this may not be suitable for her particular situation or anyone elses, we just dont know about peoples backgrounds to say for sure, and they might know they have a problem either that could be made worse by taking it. The part that says taking aspirin daily certainly cannot hurt is untrue, even the warnings on the packets here say that prolonged use can cause stomach ulcers etc. Happy Auntie is spot on!:thumbup:

I did say that I am on it with doc consent. ANd it also says in everything I posted that it says with doc orders. Look ladies this shouldnt be a arguement and appreciate your concern but I didn't disagree with the doc part I disagreed with the no benefit for the uterous lining and helping with conceiving. And all of what I posted is from medical wedsites....my aunt has heart ops and is on a low dose of asprin everyday for the rest of her life. My mom is also on low dose asprin yes high doses can cause harm for extended period of time. Thanks again ladies for your input and concern. :thumbup:

ladies
do you think the low dose asprin could be he cause of my really bad wind and ibs this month?? I always take it with food etc and have taken other pain relief before with no side effects-just wondering?

If you started taking it without doc consent and you have other meds you take to control the ibs you should probably call your doc or pharmicist..it may not agree with your ibs. Good luck:flower:

stop taking it at once and consult your gp, as some people with ibs are banned from asprin (my ex husband was) hope this helps xx

hey inked glad to see ur back...it hasnt been 12 days has it?? how u doing?

no hee hee it hasnt been 12 days im on my mobile when i can get signal down in Cornwall til the 18th and then home for 4 days yay back on laptop but then off to Rome for 7 days so but am getting lots of ewcm at the mo and bleeding gums which i dont get but we will c 3 -7 days before i find out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->