8 days late for my period but negative preg. home test :s

Alichia

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I am now 8 days late for my period which is not like me I always start in the morning and on the same day. I have felt tired lately not stressed though just sleepy all the time. I havn't had any spotting what so ever or cramping. I have noticed that I have been very thirsty and semi nautios in the morning. I did do a test (wal - mart brand) and it came back negative and I am just wondering if this has happen to any of you. I'm not too sure if I am posting this in the right section because I just created this account today to get some helpful woman advice lol. But this is not like me to be late or to feel this tired I plan on going to my doctor in the next two weeks but he is booked until then so I just need some thoughts lol.

From what I've read on here, it's possible to be pregnant and still get negatives on home tests. It's not super common, but it definitely does happen. Some people just don't excrete much hcg in their urine, so they don't get a positive on a home test. Best thing to do is go to a doctor and get a blood test. Supposedly that is the most accurate. If you're not pregnant, then there could be some other issue causing a late period. Good luck!

thank you :) I had a miss carrige in sept but we are trying again so fingers crossed :) i'm never late so its the only thing that really makes sense to me I had my thyroid checked out not long ago and they said I am as healthy as I have ever been so thats a bonus :)

Buy a decent test! I did 4 internet cheapies all of which I had to wait after the time limit hold it to the window squint and still I could barely see anythin so I bought a first response early response and within seconds it came up clear as day. I kept testing for days to see how the line was showin on the internet tests, absoloutly awful they were. Make sure there pink dye tests then you have no chance of and evap line x

Buy a decent test! I did 4 internet cheapies all of which I had to wait after the time limit hold it to the window squint and still I could barely see anythin so I bought a first response early response and within seconds it came up clear as day. I kept testing for days to see how the line was showin on the internet tests, absoloutly awful they were. Make sure there pink dye tests then you have no chance of and evap line x

Total opposite for me actually. 6 internet cheapies at 10dpo all had SUPER faint lines on them... thought they might be evaps. BFN FRER and digi with same pee. Next day another negative FRER, still faint lines on the cheapie tests. Didn't test the following day, but tested today with Walgreens brand, EPT early, and confirmed with digi. Didn't even bother buying any more FRER. The old FRER with the square window were very sensitive. The new tests with the oval window are not nearly as sensitive. Oh, and the new FRER DO give evaps! Pink ones actually (google). UGH.... they used to be awesome tests.... not so much anymore. I wouldn't use them to test early with anymore, but this is my last baby, so I won't have to LOL

Really that's crazy! Id never buy internet again I thought I was loosin the plot with them x

Really that's crazy! Id never buy internet again I thought I was loosin the plot with them x

Ya know, to be totally honest, I think that some tests work really well for some ladies, and not so well for others. Our bodies are all so much different than one anothers, even if we are going through the same thing! That said, I may just buy a FRER just to see what it looks like in a few days LOL! I'm curious now!

hey ladies sorry for the delay I still havn't gotten my period yet! I had some brown spotting at the most the size of a pea and a half pea lol. no red blood what so ever it just looks like dry blood basically I am never this late and now I have notice if I smell something like fish (which is weird because I love seafood lol) it makes me sick to my stomach today I had lunch and threw up probally ten mins after I was done eating. So friday my fiance and I are going to go get another test. One of my managers said he can tell i'm pregnant and he didn't even know I suspected I was which I found really strange and I told him that and hes like i'm a dad I know these things lol!! but I have had no cramping or anything! So my fingers are crossed!! :)

It sounds like you might have an infection, especially if it's a fishy type odor. Definitely go get checked out, that might be why your period is delayed. :hugs:

ohhh noo I don't have a fishy smell I ment that some one was eating fish for lunch at work lol and it made me sick there doesn't appear to be a smell just some dry blood looking spotting lol. there was a lady that posted a picture on here showing her impli. bleeding and it looks exactly like hers. I am doing a test on friday to be sure though.

hey guys soo im 8days late today ive already done a pregnancy test on the 6th day and it came back negative!! well still ave seen no sign of my period which never happens!!! however ive had a bit of body temperature it goes n cums... ive had a lil quessiness it goes n cums... ive had headaches goes n cums... ive had dizzy spells goes n cums.. ive been tired as hell!!! no sore breats tho but i ave this crampin which goes n cums have up n in the bathroom every sec tryin to see if my period is here sighss im wonderin if i should try another test or juss head striaght for the doc? oh yeah ive beeen thirsty all day evrryday... im sleepy... im eating ALOT!!! im gasy i pee alot so for this test to say negative it has me really scare. cause i really want to be preggo:happydance: anyone out there can relate i'd like to hear bck frm u plz...

I would test again if I was you, hope you get your bfp, certainly sounds like you have the symptoms xx

Just to toss another perspective into the mix....everyone's regular in their periods....until they're not =) In the past I've been 1-2 weeks late out of nowhere, for no reason, and then go right back to my predictable 28 day cycle.

You may be too early to really have a big onset of many of those symptoms, they usually don't show up until 6-8 weeks along. However, all of that being said, there's always the case that you are if you've had unprotected sex =) so I'd make an appointment with your doctor and have your blood levels checked. Some women either never or only until very later, develop hcg in their urine therefore are pregnant but hpt's would still show negative.

So I say it's possible, but a quantitative hcg blood test is the only way to know for certain.

You're welcome, and thank you. Wishing you all the best!!

Ok ladies Im going crazy over here I have had 4 neg hpts and now a neg blood test still no period which is always right on time! I have had occasional twinges in my breast but what really throws me off is the pelvic pains and the back ache! I didnt show positive till I was 8wks prego with my first child and I thought for sure the blood test would show something. Could I be pregnant or is it just my nerves making me late?:wacko:

Could you MC have messed with your cycle? Go see a doctor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->