8 days late, no af, bfn with hpt and blood negative, not irregular, can I still be?

babylyman

Reaction score
I'm 32, with a few babies! Always on a 28 day cycle. Miscarried at 6 weeks on 2/21/14, then my LMP was on 3/20/14. My AF was due 4/17/14, so I'm now 8 days late. With previous pregnancies I would test positive on a hpt at least when 4 days late. However, I did at 1, 2, 3, 4 days late, and on the 5th day got another bfn before I walked into my clinic since I had just set up an appointment for a pregnancy blood test. I told my nurse that I was experiencing the following:
-Strong cramping on/off from the moment I missed my period. Sometimes it felt like stabbing. ( I still get it at 8 days late).
-Dizzines like up to 3 times a day. (not much anymore).
-white, creamy, odorless discharge. (still get it.)
-Having the feeling that my AF is going to come any second (too much activity felt inside as well, still happens every day).
She made a pelvic exam, said that everything looked okay, but sent me over to the labs to get my blood drawn and suggested I take the prenatal vitamins I bought for my last pregnancy just in case. Turns out the blood test cam back negative. Although I've heard that some people get bfn over and over again til about they reach 2 weeks to 10 weeks, this is not normal in my case. I would normally get a positive by the 4th day.
Other symptoms that I'm experiencing (which I never told her about):
-morning sickness, sometimes afternoon sickness (I never experienced nausea when pregnant at such an early stage!)
-repugnancy towards anything with italian/spaghetti sauce (which I normally love)
-extremely vivid dreams everyday.

So I'm wondering, and hoping you guys can give me some input, I will appreciate it :)
-Could I have ovulated late for some unusual reason and should test again sometime if no af?
-The strong cramping (as I had never experienced it before every single day for 8 days), be a sign that I have a serious medical condition?
- Could I have been hit by what some people call "the hook effect"
and still be pregnant because of overwhelming amounts of fragmented hcg? (Nah I don't think so but... Idk)
-Could I be hitting menopause? My mom didn't get it til she was like 45.

I researched my symptoms and some of this research comes down to the possibility of twins. For example,
-The strong cramping, dizziness, early enhanced/exagerated pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, and some twin moms also getting bfn's througought the beginning of their pregnancy. But I always got bfp when pregnant, so why not this time around if I am?
-The fact that I miscarried recently, is that true I could've released 2 eggs?
-My age (32).
-2 pairs of twins on my mom's side of the family. My mom has 2 twin cousins, and I have two twin cousins from her side as well. :winkwink:

I promise I will keep updating you guys on my situation, I'm just hoping everything works out for the best, but I'm eager to learn what it is that you guys think about it and did it ever happen to you? Thanks!:winkwink:

When you went in did they run other lab values as well? (I'm thinking specifically estrogen and progesterone)

I think it's likely you are dealing with an ovarian cyst. They can account for every single one of your symptoms.

I personally have never heard or read of someone having negative bloods at 2 weeks late to 10 weeks gestation, nor have I ever heard of that happening with twins. It's one thing if a woman miscalculates ovulation, but if ovulation date is known an implanted egg cannot *not* infiltrate the blood with quantifiable hcg levels. On the flip side of that, an egg cannot just hang out floating around and decide to implant several weeks after fertilization.

Cysts are largely harmless if that's what you've got going on, but they can cause hormonal imbalances that cause the symptoms you're experiencing. If the symptoms persist I would call your doc up and ask for a vaginal ultrasound to see if that's what's going on.

Negative bloods really do seal the deal though (unless you ovulated much later than you're thinking you did).

oh wow... who knows... thanks. Yeah I will look into that, what ovarian cysts are, what to do next, etc. Thanks for your input!

I forgot to say, they didn't run other value tests( progesterone and estrogen). This was all performed by a nurse. This is strange as I never experienced what it's like to have an ovarian cyst.They said though that if I continue with the cramps to set up an appointment, but this time, directly with the doctor. This is on a military base it works kinda different, Idk, but I think I'm going to ask for a referral outside of base. Would like more input thank you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->