8 mnth old FF refusing bottles :'(

Jexer72

Mummy of 1 DD
Reaction score
Hi ladies - my 8 month old has been fully weaned for a while. She was a reflux baby and under pediatrician's advice she was weaned early. She's always been pretty good with food and until recently she was taking 3 meals a day with 3 bottle feeds of about 5-7ozs. I made up the deficit of milk with yogurts, etc.

Now all of a sudden for the last week or so she has decided she won't take any bottle at all apart from in the middle of the night but then only 5oz.

Our feeding schedule goes like this:-

7.30 - Breakfast of baby porridge made with whole milk
10.00 - Diluted juice
11.45 - Lunch (main with dessert made with milk and/or yogurt). Offer milk and/or juice but little taken
2.30 - 2oz of milk (but I have to fight to get it in) :(
4.45 - Tea made up of similar to lunch with some finger food. I offer milk and/or juice but little is taken.
7.00 - Offer bottle but won't take

I've worked out that she's only taking about 7oz of milk a day!!! :shock:

I'm sooo worried I don't know what to do. I know she's teething and I've been putting it down to that. Have any of you had similar experiences and/or have any advice? :dohh:

Have you tried offering milk in a beaker instead of a bottle?
What about making up her breakfast with formula instead of cow's milk?
I'd speak to your HV if i were you.

Definitely think it's a teething problem. I think the teat on the bottle has/is hurting and she is weary of it.

For the first time in over a week today was good. She had 9oz during last night and ate all three meals today with about 8oz of milk during the day. I offered it to her before her meal when she was really hungry and it really seemed to work. She also tried cheese for the first time and loved it.

Feeling really encouraged today - aren't babies tricky things? Thanks for your answer :thumbup:

Glad you had a better day! Yeah my baby loves cheese too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->