8 mo PP & NTNP - First period? Implantation bleeding?

Huskyluv

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi all, I haven't had much luck in the postnatal support forum so thought maybe folks here might have some thoughts. My little girl will be 8 months old next week and I am not taking any form of birth control and have been breastfeeding since she was born. Hubby and I have been NTNP since we got the all clear at 6 weeks post partum.

On Monday I had some very light bleeding along with a headache and back ache and the bleeding only lasted the one day. I've had no bleeding since, just a tiny amount of brown spotting and cm and my back continued to ache all day Tuesday. My periods before I had LO were normally heavy the first 2 days and then very light on the third day followed by light dripping for another few days.

So I am a little confused by the very light bleeding that lasted for only 1 day. Could that have been my first post partum period even though it was so light and short? Is there a chance that it could have been implantation bleeding since the OH and myself have been DTD without any contraception?

It's so hard not to symptom spot and my lower back hurts which is the one and only early pregnancy symptom I had with my first pregnancy.

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! Also, how long should I wait before POAS? I don't want to waste a test by taking it too early if it might be implantation bleeding.

Your first period while breast feeding or after breast feeding for some not all is nothing like your pre pregnancy af it can be heavier than it use to be and it can also be lighter than it use to be. But in saying that there is a chance it could have be ib as some womn ovulate before they get there first af after bf my mum did my sister was only 5 months old and my mum hadnt had a period yet and fell pregnant on the ovulation before so it is very possible. Usually with ib it can take between 5-12 days before you should test but that is not always the case some women get a + 3 days after but to be on the safe side I would wait till Monday next week or at least the weekend. If it happened on Monday technically you can test tomorrow if you like just depends on how good your will power is lol I am a poas addict lol, I had ib with my first pregnancy for like 4 hours just some spotting I sobbed for like 2 hours thinking af was coming went to bed only to wake up and find nothing and within 4 days I think it was I had my :bfp: very very light on the line test but pregnant in digital. It's not great that the other forum wasn't much help this is a place where you should feel confident that you will get advice so I am sorry you didn't! Good luck and I will be stalking now see if you get your :bfp:
:dust:

Thanks a bunch for the response, I am so anxious. I only have 2 hpt's left so I don't want to test too early. I took a test last Friday (before the bleeding occurred on Monday) and it was negative. I will admit I do already have my hopes up for a bfp so I want to test in the worst way but am also afraid of getting another bfn. It's driving me nuts. I thought about testing this Friday but am hoping I have the will power to wait until Tuesday next week...I just don't know if I can wait that long.

I have had some cm with a slight pink/brownish tinge to it today. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing if I'm hoping for a bfp.

I will update when I have taken a test. It's so confusing the conflicting information I have read. Some places I read that you are very fertile after birth. Then other places I read that the chances of getting pregnant on the first cycle post partum are very low. Very confusing!

There really is a lot of conflicting information in all aspects I think. The whole you can't get pregnant while breast feeding yet I know lots of people that fall pregnant while breast feeding and there lo is only like 2-4 months I think it's just based on statistics to be honest and they don't usually put in that it can happen even though it is unlikely.
The day after I got my bfp with my first I started spotting and continued to bleed and spot for 14 weeks and he is a happy and healthy 10 month old so some bleeding can be normal. Fx for you and definitely update when you know something! What dpo are you? Do you temp? Do you have any other symptoms?

I haven't had a period yet so I don't know if or when I might have ovulated. I used to track my temps before I had my LO, but we are co-sleeping and I wake up multiple times during the night to nurse and wake up at varying times in the morning so I haven't been able to track temps yet.

I did have an increase in cm about 2 weeks ago similar to when I used to ovulate before my first pregnancy. Hubby and I DTD around that time. I'd have to check my calendar for dates, but I'm on my phone right now. In the past week and a half I've been moody, my skin has been breaking out, my husky has suddenly been following me nonstop and laying on me, I had a nasty headache on Monday, and have had a lower back ache that comes and goes. But all that stuff could be explained by a period too so I don't know what to think.

We co sleep also but my son has recently started sleeping a whole lot better an most nights only nurses once now.

It sucks that af signs can be exactly the as pregnancy symptoms! It's really funny the only thing that told me I was pregnant with #1 was my ib and 2 days before I got my bfp my sense of smell was ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->