8 month old lunch and dinner ideas?

I dunno if this is what you have in mind, but I make a huge batch of vegetable sauce and freeze it, and then I pour it over pasta or use it as a base and add spices and meat to make it into chili or curry or stew. We are a family of fussy eaters so this is my sneaky way of getting veggies into us all.

I pretty much just throw in whatever veg I fancy - usually carrots, squash, leeks, mushrooms, spinach, red peppers and tomato passata with a bit of low-sodium stock, boil it up and blend it smooth. Then when I serve it I can just add a bit of basil and garlic for a pasta sauce, or curry paste and chicken, or ground beef and a packet of chili seasoning. Yummy.

loving all this advice ladies, finding everything so helpfull, stranjegirld i wouldnt worry about choking at her age, babies have a natural gag reflex to where they gag to push food back to the front of there mouth which avoids them choking, im sure she will be just fine just let her explore!

does anyone have any great freezable idead that you could perhaps make up in bulk? xx

Bolognese or plain pasta sauce and soup are what we make in bulk and freeze at the moment. Mostly to make an easy tea on days where we are both at work.

Sorry to hijack the thread but is everyones babies who are 8 months + on 3 meals a day?Sophia is 7.5 months and only has breakfast and lunch so far. Im not sure when to add dinner in too.

Sorry to hijack the thread but is everyones babies who are 8 months + on 3 meals a day?Sophia is 7.5 months and only has breakfast and lunch so far. Im not sure when to add dinner in too.

My first LO was not on 3 meals til 9 months.

This LO was on 3 meals from 8 months - he just took to weaning better!

If your LO is having plenty of milk, over 24oz or so, then you could start another meal and not worry about milk intake.

My LO has been on 3 meals per day since 7m old.

I am doing a mix of BLW and TW

Breakfast- fruit slices which LO usually eats himself (pear/apple/mango)and a small part of an egg yolk boiled ( ask your doc/HW-different places have different rules for introduction of eggs)

Lunch- I tend to team up either brown rice or quinoa with any of the below combos
- broccoli and chicken
-beet and chicken
-lentils, carrots, peas
-kidney beans and tomato

Tea- some times LO wants something even after his milk (he is EBF in the day)- so we give him a small puree mixed with breast milk- leeks & banana, squash,carrot & banana, beet &banana (LOVES banana as you can tell)

dinner- just a little something off our plates- roasted yams/potatoes and cheese/ sweet potatoes and chicken made into little cutlets

I have an LO who loves food! i worry about milk, but I am leaving it to him to eat as much and as many times as he likes.

Scarlett is blw and is offered 3 meals a day if she's awake but she's nearly always asleep at lunchtime, so usually just has breakfast and dinner.

She has no teeth but seems to cope with most foods ok, including strips of roast chicken / lamb. She likes sweet potato or butternut squash wedges, omelette, sandwiches, pasta, cheese on toast, crackers, cheese, pancakes, fishcakes / veggie cakes, bread dipped in soup...

Some great ideas ladies I always struggle with the worry of my baby choking and feel this affects what I introduce its always good to hear what others are giving their babies and how as I never know how big or small to chop things up!

I found some stuff online :

Chicken with broccoli
Chicken with root vegetables
Chicken with curry
Ham with dill
Ham with vegetables
Minced meat
Fish with herbs
Minced fish
Scrambled eggs
Quorn with vegetables

https://www.easybabylife.com/baby-recipes.html

It has recipes and stuff xx

My daughters 7 and ahalf months.

She eats Lentils. Black eye beans, crumpets, natural yogurt,cheese,fishandveg,guava plums oranges mangos she sucks on it, chicken stuff like that. but i do need more variety i think and she needs to eat more meat so il be buying some pork and beaf this week! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->