8 month old milk intake.

Pink Sarah

Reaction score
My lo is 8 months old and bf, he has taken a bottle of expressed milk quite happily since being a baby but over the last month or so will only drink 2 or 3 oz out of a bottle.
My mum is going to be looking after him for 48 hours at the end of the month and I am worried he won't take enough milk.
But then I am thinking that maybe when he has a bf that is the amount of milk he is taking and that is all he needs??
He is not crying after the bottle or looking for anymore milk. Any advice or ideas welcome please.

I'm worried about this too as my 8 month old refuses bottle (occasionally will take an ounce) I'll be away for the day next week and I'm thinking she takes water from a sippy cup and perhaps will take milk that way? Also she can have milk in her porridge and food. She won't starve but I'm more worried that she'll miss the comfort of breast feeding

Sorry I can't help any more than that!

The amount of milk a bf baby takes doesn't really have anything to do with age (past the first few growth spurts). Breasts can only produce and store so much, so breastmilk is designed to have everything LO needs in a small package. I assume your LOs are also taking small amounts of food and water so this may change the amount of milk they take.

Over such a small period like 48hrs even of LO doesn't take as much as usual he's not going to do any long term damage to himself. Just prepare for the big welcome home nursing session!

Thank you that is reassuring to hear! Yes he loves food and water which he drinks out of a sippy cup I never thought to try milk in the cup (seems a bit obvious though now you mention it! Silly me)
Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->