8 months and wont take stage 2 food

samsugar7

1 Son + 5yr step daughter
Reaction score
Jaden started being weaned at 18 weeks. Takes stage one jars brilliantly, he has cerial am, jar for lunch, jar for tea, and then cerial/rusk in milk for supper. And several milk feeds in between.

I give him finger foods such as bread sticks, crisps, pitta bread, cucumber, pear and bannana. He seams to cope well with them but i have been trying stage 2 jars or slightly lumpier home made food for several weeks and he just screams and screams and then makes himself sick. I have tried feeding him and letting him feed himself and nothing works.

Today i did manage to get him to keep down some baby pasta in his stage one food but it really was a struggle. Is this normal or is it difficult to move onto the next stage??

Any help or advice appreciated.

Sam x

Sorry hun, i dont know if its normal or not, but my LO is being the same, he'll eat away at most finger foods but wont touch anything lumpy. My HV made a lot of sence when she said that alot of babies dnt like it because it has the consistancy of sick... runny bit lumpy bit ... runny bit... lumpy bit. She told me just to make my dinner and put it infront of him and see if he eats it! xx

I have no help either, but our LO is the same, he refuses all stage 2 jars and won't take any lumps... He either gags or spits the food out and then refuses to open his mouth for the spoon again. It's so frustrating, but I will continue to offer lumpy foods and hope he will take to them :)

my little Girl is exactly the same, she takes stage 1 food happily, i have tried a number of times to give her stage 2 or a varied homemade foods with no luck at all, she just gets very upset each time i try. so were back on stage 1 and homemade purees,petite fleurs. she loves her finger foods and will try all types of different things like rusks, banana, oranges, cheese, carrot sticks., my hv just advised to keep doing what i am as she will let me know when shes ready :) Good luck :)

I had the exact same problem with Eve. She was eating finger food etc but wouldn't take stage 2 foods. I left it a couple of weeks before trying again and when i did she took to it just fine. She was nearly 9 months before she took to it, i just think she wasn't ready when i 1st offered it x

I have had a bit of a breakthrough, i bought some baby pasta and put it into his stage 1 jar and he took it quite well so might do this for a few days then try him again. Thank you for all the help and hope you all get your LO's sorted soon.

Sam x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->