8 week check up - my arse!!

Carolyn

Reaction score
dr morning
me good morning
dr how are you?
me i'm fine thank you
dr right let's check baby. (looks at baby, coos at her, blows on stethoscope, puts on chest)
dr right, that all seems in order. let's find the page i haveto sign in this red book. right.done. there you go...
(awkward silence. oh looks at me. i look at dr)
me is that it? are we done?
dr uh huh.
oh right thank you very much then! bye!

contraception?
advice on 'poor weight gain' the hv suggested he discuss with us??
questions about how we're coping???
how are your iron levels, after your transfusion?why haven't you been for you next blood test yet?
how are you healing? epistomy ok? stopped bleeding?

etc
etc
etc

what a bloody farce.

thats shocking!!

at callums 6wk check they checked all his joints to make sure they were alright, asked how feeding was going etc......

didnt pay much attention to me but got contraception sorted.

poor you.
me and ali had a really good 6 week check up (lasted about 1 hour). ali was checked over and so was i.
it is sad how it seems to vary where you live as some people don't seem to get a postnatal checkup!

:hug:

Christine

I am only offered 6 week check, he did everythign for chloe, couldnt fault that. Me (with high blood pressure and bipolar disorder) nothing not even a how are you.

Thats it. All checks completed! Oh, I asked for the pill but he suggested I think about it!!!!!!!

Ha ! and I thought only canada had all the stupid doctors :)

My 6 week check was shocking!!

I was weighed & bp taken. Asked if I felt ok in the lady area

Then doc came in, had a look at Mayas hips, Swung her up to check reflexs making her puke as I had just fed her & that was it!!

My surgery doesn't do a six week check. I was told that if I had any problems I could make an appointment with the nurse.
Gabe gets a check up with his 8 week immunisations, which have already been put back once.

Swung her up to check reflexs making her puke as I had just fed her & that was it!!

:rofl:

Go Maya, I love it when babies get their own back!

When Dr took Chloes nappy off to do her hips etc she started to poop, his face was a picture!

aww what a shame... mine went quite well... maybe book another one with a different doctor!! Say you was unhappy with the last!!

thats pretty much what our 6wk checks were like

I'm going to see my regular GP in half an hour so hopefully will get to have a proper chat!

poor you, shocking, he could of gave u some more time :hugs: ours was ok, checked maddi over well but didn't check me at all! and after emergancy c-section, infection and haemorrhage! xxx

mine was all about baby. which is fine...but I'd have quite liked them to look at my csection scar (seeing as it got infected), take my bp, talk about contraception...you know. not too much to ask really! But no, all about Ally! But even that was quite useless because it's materialised that she didn't even bother to put it in Ally's notes that he's been on antibiotics since birth (finished them today though! :D)

What an idiot! :roll:

They made an appointment for my 6 week check up yesterday,I can't wait to see that one...

arggh ok i read that wrong and thought it said 6 week check up my arse..... i was thinking whaa but the baby doesn't come out there lol docs go from one extreme to the other don't they either rly detailed and end up repeating themselves loads or nothing at all. Hope u and ur lil one are ok. xx

poor you, shocking, he could of gave u some more time :hugs: ours was ok, checked maddi over well but didn't check me at all! and after emergancy c-section, infection and haemorrhage! xxx

Are you sure their not seperate ? I'd ask your health visitor becuase Iv been told to call and make an appointment for my post-natal check as they are two different appointments....I was also under the impression it would be done at the same appointment which makes more sense to me! xxx

arggh ok i read that wrong and thought it said 6 week check up my arse..... i was thinking whaa but the baby doesn't come out there lol docs go from one extreme to the other don't they either rly detailed and end up repeating themselves loads or nothing at all. Hope u and ur lil one are ok. xx

omg i'm so embarrassed
*must use punctuation*:rofl:

6 week postnatal check is for Mum, usually with GP

8 week check is for baby and 1st imms at the same time, usually at baby clinic but with a GP

Whatever it was, it wasn't done correctly. Speak to your Health Visitor for some advice chick:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

6 week postnatal check is for Mum, usually with GP

8 week check is for baby and 1st imms at the same time, usually at baby clinic but with a GP

Whatever it was, it wasn't done correctly. Speak to your Health Visitor for some advice chick:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

hv words 'around here to kill two birds with one stone you'll have your appointments together...'

i've made another appointment for thurs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->