8 week jabs

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Seth has his tomorrow and Im REALLY scared. Ive never been with him when he's had needles before, Matt usually is, and I can't find anyone else to take him so Im going to have to be brave. Im so nervous :(

Can anyone tell me about what happens aftrer? a few people Ive spoken to have said that they can get a temperature and be clingy etc. Is there anything else to expect? I know if anything happens Im not expecting Ill freak out and be down at the hospital straight away again lol :dohh:

xxx

Well, they tend to need a little more comfort and can be a little cranky. Also, there is the possibility that they develop a fever. Or alternatively, they can just be quite sleepy. I was advised by HV, doctor to give baby a dose of calpol before jabs. And to be honest, he was cranky for an hour and just slept most of the rest of the day.

Sometimes, they also will not eat as much as usual on the day.

But don't worry, it's all quite straightforward and is over in no time. Just think of them as necessary evil. I did Breast feed my baby for comfort straight after and he calmed down within a couple of minutes.

It will be fine.

Sam was just a bit grumpy for the rest of the day. The actual jabs themselves weren't as bad as I expected. He cried as he was having them, but by the time we left the room he'd been smiling again and then fell asleep! He didn't get a temperature and slept ok that night too but it might be worth getting some calpol to give him afterwards x

The nurse had us lay Bren on the examining table while she administered his shots. He cried, and I also put him on the breast as soon as I could after and he was fine when we were leaving. He was super cranky that day. He would cry as soon as I took him off the breast, so he pretty much stayed on the boob and slept the whole day. He also ran a fever, but I gave him some baby tylonol and he was ok. He felt better the next day, but still had a little fever, but was fine by that night. Oh and I also found that a running a cool damp rag over his head helped cool him down.

Thank you :)

I decided to take his dummy with us (he usually only gets it at night time if he needs it) because it usually settles him down, and Ill try giving him a dose of calpol before we go in. I was more worried about him afterwards because he's still not 100% :(

xxx

Jack screamed the place down whilst having his injections & was a bit feverish for a few days after - the doctors gave me a prescription for infant paracetamol for him to take if needed. He had a bruise on each leg & a hard lump where the injection was given for a couple of weeks after which is normal. He has his next lot on Friday - I can't wait:hissy::hissy::hissy:

The women doing kyles always ask if hes had calpol before hand because if he has they cant give him the jags? You arent meant to give them the calpol before hand anymore..

Well I have a drs appointment before so Ill ask about that when Im there, thanks :)

xxx

Hope his jags go ok today, Skye has hers tomorrow and Im equally worried, but from what I can remember when lewis has his he was alright, a bit cranky for a day but that was it :)

It went ok. My MIL managed to get along so she came in with me. I didn't realise it was TWO jabs! I held him for one but I had to go for the second one coz he was screaming :(

Was forgotten about in a couple of minutes though and he's totally crashed out now.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/linzis/P5010031.jpg

He got a sticker that says 'Ive been brave at the doctors today' as well lol

xxx

Great Linzi. Glad it went ok! Just keep checking for a fever and give calpol IF required.
You did well.
Mx

lily reacted really badly to her first set of jabs, she was unhappy for days, i tried to stay of the calpol for as long as I could, but Shes had her second lot now and I knew it wasnt fair on her this time, so I gave her a bit, and she was great! It was a boiling hot day so stripped her down to a nappy and she wanted lots of cuddles but pulled through so much more quickly. If I could go back to the first lot I would of given calpol then too!

lol sorry just realised hes already had it done! Bit late for my advice, hope it went ok! x

not too late at all! i was just wondering what to expect so that if he gets a temperature or somethng im not straight down to a&e with him
xxx

Bless him! Glad it went ok. Hope he doesn't get a temperature x

His temperature went up to 39ish before but I gave him sme calpol and it's brought it down to 37.5ish. He's a bit grumpy and sleepy but mostly ok!

xxx

really glad hes ok! Im dreading lilys next because its 2 in one thigh one in the other!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->