8 weeks heartbeat 173 any guesses please!!!!

Angelkissiz

Mommy
Reaction score
I know I am still way early, but here is my lil one give me some gender guesses!!

Attachments

• Image01.jpg
    Image01.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 35
Just pure guess since its too early for nub/skull theory and heartrate is totally false, I'll say a little girl!

I think she means you can't tell what the sex is based on the heart rate.

Because megans heart rate was 172 and this baby's hb was 170 both at 8+5 and they are both girls, I'll guess girl!

Check out this study:
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a28809819/gender_prediction_based_on_which_side_of_the_uterus

"Dramatic differences were detected in chorionic villi / placental location according to gender. 97.2% of the male fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location on the right side of the uterus whereas, 2.4% had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus. On the other hand 97.5% of female fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus whereas, 2.7% had their chorionic villi/placenta location to the right side of the uterus"

I have heard the accuracy is near 100% on this method! According to their methods, you have a 98% chance of the baby being a girl!! Unless this was a trans-vaginal scan...in which case the the u/s is a mirror image (MEANING BOY!) So was it trans-vag or abdominal? I really am curious to see if this works!

Check out this study:
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a28809819/gender_prediction_based_on_which_side_of_the_uterus

"Dramatic differences were detected in chorionic villi / placental location according to gender. 97.2% of the male fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location on the right side of the uterus whereas, 2.4% had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus. On the other hand 97.5% of female fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus whereas, 2.7% had their chorionic villi/placenta location to the right side of the uterus"

I have heard the accuracy is near 100% on this method! According to their methods, you have a 98% chance of the baby being a girl!! Unless this was a trans-vaginal scan...in which case the the u/s is a mirror image (MEANING BOY!) So was it trans-vag or abdominal? I really am curious to see if this works!

Given that that "study" was an error-riddled post written by an ultrasound instructor on an OBGYN website and not an article published in a peer-reviewed journal or evaluated by any follow-up studies, I would take the results with a hefty grain of salt.

I should also point out that in the discussion, the author tries to claim that the site of implantation is not just an indicator of sex, but that it's actually what determines sex. His argument is that differences in temperature "influence the sex chromosome" to be male or female. Anyone who has taken a high school biology class can see how ludicrous this claim is - human sex is determined at conception.

Check out this study:

Given that that "study" was an error-riddled post written by an ultrasound instructor on an OBGYN website and not an article published in a peer-reviewed journal or evaluated by any follow-up studies, I would take the results with a hefty grain of salt.

I should also point out that in the discussion, the author tries to claim that the site of implantation is not just an indicator of sex, but that it's actually what determines sex. His argument is that differences in temperature "influence the sex chromosome" to be male or female. Anyone who has taken a high school biology class can see how ludicrous this claim is - human sex is determined at conception.

Trust me, I take it with a grain of salt-Just as I do any other gender prediction method other than CVS or 2nd tri ultrasound (e.g. heart rate, skull theory, needle and thread test). I have my M.S in Biology and I am working on my PhD. I have read posts on other forums where this particular "gender prediction method" was accurate for several women. I thought I would mention it because the results were interesting and it is easy to test! No need to get an attitude!

Based on my experience that's a little girl, same type of heart rate x

My baby boys heartrate stayed at about 150-155 the whole first 12 weeks so i'm guessing girl. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->