8 year old son having troble playing with little older kids

Kathy74

Reaction score
Hi,

I did not know where to do go for advice. I found this website. I looked at some of the posted. It is so impressing. I am here for an advice about my son. Here is what's happening. My son is 8 years old. We have 3 family friends who live in a same subdivision. Their kids are around 10 years old (boys). When we first started making friends with them, the kids were playing good to each other. The older kids were nice to my son and played with him well. After some time, they started picking on him and my son is so sensitive and not so out spoken. He loves people and just wants to play and be friends but he gets to a point where sometimes the kids don't want to play. He gets invited to parties, but the kids won't play with him and bullies him a lot. Recently I had to drop my kid in one of the friend's house just for one day. My friend's son kid not play with him and my son also did not show interest or scared to play with him. I do not know whether it is good idea to talk to all the parents and let them know what is going on. I am so scared that I am going to lose the friendship with the families, that way my son won't have anybody to play with. I have daughter, she gets along (6 years old) she get along with my friends kids (daughters). I am worried that my daughter gets affected, if I talk to the parents. Please advice. Parents all know that their kids (sons) are not playing with my son. But they there not trying to tell their sons to play with my son. We always have family gatherings. At that time, it is getting very difficult to mange.

Sounds very strained.

Is there any children his own age on your street or that you invite over?

V xxx

we does not have any kids of his age close to our house. The problem is, when we have gatherings with friends familes, the other kids are not palying with my son. He is feeling so scard to play wih other kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->