88 hcg... Too low?

nflores77

Reaction score
Hi ladies -

Dr office called back today and said the results from Tuesdays blood draw was low. I would have been around 12-13 dpo (3w 5d). He wants me to come in next week to test again. But now I'm stressing of what too low means. Hoping this lil bean sticks.

88 is an amazing number for 12-13 dpo! Congrats!!

You know, that doesn't seem too low to me at all! Lets say implantation was at 7 dpo ( and that's usually the earliest) I believe it starts out at like 5. So then 9 dpo ~ 10, then 11 dpo ~ 20, then 13 dpo ~ 40.
So I know things vary pregnancy to pregnancy and that's just a generalization, but I wouldn't think 88 would be low at all for before 14 dpo! That's just my thinking what do I know!
Anyhow, I remember you from n millers thread and I really hope this baby is fine in there! Waiting to find out sucks. ( I think if it were me I would be testing every day and going insane) wishing all the best Hun!

88 was my hcg level at 13dpo and my RE said it was a great number. The important thing is that it doubles and continues to do so in the appropriate time period.

I was at 74 at 12 DPO and my RE said it was great!!! Don't worry!

Mine was 43 at about that stage, you'll be fine :hugs:

Thank you ladies.. I'll keep you updated on the results.

Hi I feel your nervousness.
My doctor called me back for more blood work yesterday too since my HCG level was low (97). I would have been around 4 weeks pregnant at that time.
I took some more blood work yesterday and now I'm just waiting.
I hope everything works out for the both of us.

Hi I feel your nervousness.
My doctor called me back for more blood work yesterday too since my HCG level was low (97). I would have been around 4 weeks pregnant at that time.
I took some more blood work yesterday and now I'm just waiting.
I hope everything works out for the both of us.

Hi Oliviapiper ~

Good luck to us both!!!

I also got my blood drawn yeserday... hoping they call me today with the results... last time it took them 3 days to call me. :growlmad: So hoping I get a call today by afternoon or latest tomorrow AM.

With my last pregnancy, my hCG was 'only' 38 at 13dpo. My former doctor was predicting imminent miscarriage and ordered followup blood work to confirm. It doubled normally to 236 at 17dpo but she still thought I'd miscarry. I switched doctors after that and never looked back. That supposed miscarriage is now a 2.5 month old baby girl who is currently snoozing away and forcing me to go pump because she's slept about 4 hours now and I'm ready to burst it feels. :haha: So remember, it's not so much the number but whether or not it rises normally (at least 65% in 48 hours I think).

Update: Nurse called with results. 19dpo =1,118 ... And still said it was slowly raising. :shrug: He wants me to get blood drawn again this Thursday and wants to see me next week for an u/s. Very confused because from what I have read I'm in the average. Also today I have been feeling sharp pains on the sides more on the left side but on and off goes away quickly. Just a sharp stabbing feeling.

13dpo = 88
19dpo = 1,118

Hope all is okay....

Oliviapiper did you get a call with your results?

I plugged your numbers into the hcg doubling calculator, and they are doubling every 39.3 hours. Which is better than perfect! Huge congrats hun! And I think you should look for a different OB.

And that one sided pain is called corpus luteum pain, it's the cysy left over from the place you ovulated your embryo, it stays there providing nutrients until the placenta takes over. And can be quite noticeable until it goes away.

why do they say its too slowly rising? im no dr but sounds good to me. hoping things continue and youll be fine :)

Sp happy to hear your results. Seems amazing to me. Still waiting for mine to come in. I was told to call the Dr. today after lunch. Fingers crossed ladies.

Mine too was 88 when I was around that time and I now have a 3 year old. So dont worry!!

Update: Nurse called with results. 19dpo =1,118 ... And still said it was slowly raising. :shrug: He wants me to get blood drawn again this Thursday and wants to see me next week for an u/s. Very confused because from what I have read I'm in the average. Also today I have been feeling sharp pains on the sides more on the left side but on and off goes away quickly. Just a sharp stabbing feeling.

13dpo = 88
19dpo = 1,118

Hope all is okay....

Oliviapiper did you get a call with your results?
These numbers are awesome.:happydance:

Your doc is crazy! I looked it up too and it is normal for sure! Not sure why he is worrying you without cause.

I have those pains too, but on my right side. My doc says they are totally normal!

Yup and it doesn't seem good. First one was 97 and 72 hours later it's only 158 :o(
I need to go back and get another test.
I'm SO scared this is going to end up in a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->