8days old will not feed during the day ...

Kelskiii

Reaction score
My dd feeds off me from around 5-8pm 12 - 5am on & off I get no sleep during this time as she won't settle other than on my boob or in my arms.

All day long she likes to sleep in moses basket/arms she will maybe wake for 10mins here & there but struggles to latch on as she is so sleepy. The last 2 days I have pumped milk to feed her as I can't have her going all day with no milk, problem is I only produce 30ml off each breast if i'm lucky twice a day. I can feed her this whilst she is sleepy.

Nappy change - skin to skin - wiping a wet flannel on her tummy, all do not work to wake her.

Does anyone have any advice on how to wake for feeds during day? Or can this be normal?

Midwife is happy with dd weight & wet/poop nappies, I just worry she is not feeding all day.

Thanks

Hi, my LO was like this. It's because they have day and night mixed up. I woke him every couple of hours to feed him during the day, but he still would feed ALL night. We gradually got his 'bedtime' to go back from 5am, to 4am etc until it got to where it should be. For us it was really a case of waiting for him to figure it out x

Sleep when baby sleeps.
They will figure out night and day soon.
Keep doing what you're doing,wake for feeds by changing nappy etc and have lots of skin to skin.
I honestly wouldn't express any, you could squeeze some milk onto your nipple before trying to latch which can encourage things.
You're only a few days in and newborn tummy is tiny so I wouldn't worry that you can't express gallons.
Xx

Thank you - I will try to express in to dd's mouth, I really don't like expressing in case she wants to feed & I've emptied the milk out.

Glad to know its normal what she's doing.

I found going for a short walk in the evening before bed time helped him switch day and night. But that was with my older son who was born in April...not so easy in this weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->