8oz in 3 days?!!!

S

Serene123

Madam was weighed on Monday and she was 7lb6. Last night I took her to the hospital because she was squeaking and weezing and finding it hard to breathe. She's fine they've given me some drops for her nose and the squeaking and weezing etc was just from her breathing in so much air during feeds due to breathing through her mouth. Anyway, they weighed her and she is now 7lb14!! That's 8oz in 3 days. They said not to worry and that it's different scales so they could be out slightly. But even if they're out slightly putting on more than an oz a day can't be healthy? Jeez she's gonna be huge!!

she certainly likes her milk lol! i wouldnt worry too much as summer put on weight really quickly to start with as she was drinking quite abit and its only just started to steady out and not put so much on. maybe the scales are slightly out so it isnt quite 8oz, you will have to see when you next take her to weighed at the clinic lol!

I'm getting worried she's going to get too heavy for me! :|

Her weight gain will probably slow down, don't worry. As well as different scales giving slightly different weights, even the time of day can make a difference to her weight - if she's recently had a 5 oz bottle and hasn't had a wee for a while, for example, she'd be a few ounces heavier. Sam sleeps all night and spends all morning pooing so he's probably at his heaviest in the evenings when he's been fed lots but he's storing up all that poo for me for the next day!

They go through spurts. Noah once gained 22 oz's in less then 2 weeks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->