• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

9 month old suddenly hates the car

Matilda85

Reaction score
My little one has never really liked the car but tolerated it for at least ten to fifteen minutes. The last few weeks he has cried from the instant I put him in until we get home/to our destination. I've tried music, New toys, mirror etc to no avail. Has anyone had this and found a solution? It is heartbreaking hearing him cry. I should add that it doesn't seem to be his seat as he is fine in the car if I sit at the back with him. It's only when he's back there on his own.

It might still be to do with the car seat. Both of mine moved from infant car seats to ERF seats at about 6 months. The ERF seat is much higher up so they could see out of the window and see more in general. With you saying lo is happy when you are in the back I think it could be to do with wanting to see more/ have more stimulation.
The other thing I did was sing. Endless nursery rhymes, i'm an awful singer but the girls could her me and knew I was there which made them happier.
It's been easier with my second cos she has her sister in the back too (still rf) to keep her occupied x

My dd1 started this about the same age. She loved the car to start with then just started screaming the whole time we were in it (which is horrendous if its a long journey) I ended up buying a car DVD player that fit on the back of the seat, i got some nursery rhyme dvds and she went back to loving the car again thankfully.

Sounds like separation anxiety to me. Ds2 is exactly the same whenever ds1 isn't in the car. It's really hard because if your the driver and it's just the two of you there's not much you can do. I noticed when I chat to him he settles a bit, the other day I was telling him everything I was doing like I'm indicating and turning left :haha: it worked and he fell asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->