Oh love :hugs:
I haven't been through it but i would do the exact same things that you and your OH are doing
It's hard but we have to remember our children with their friends are not the kids we know and I think that is why some things come as such a shock

It sounds as though it is only a recent thing so that is a good side to it i suppose and you can knock it on the head now.

I know you are very angry and upset but i would try not to scream at her ( i know is first reaction I would have it too) there might be more to it than the school knows, she could be getting bullied to bully, if you see what i mean

I think the more you can stay calm and talk to her the more she will respond to you and realise exactly what her actions have done to you and this other girl

Good luck xx

I agree with Jo about staying calm and talking to your daughter.

It must be a shock and I would not be pleased if I heard my daughter was bullying. But I would do as you are doing...taking away privileges.

:hugs:

If i was naughty when i was younger my mum used to take the computer cables and my mobile, and it hurt!!
Im sure if you talk to her calmy and tell her how dissapointed you are and explain what your taking from her and why im sure she will learn her lesson. I think the apology to the girl is also a nice thing to do x

aaw hun i cant imagine what thats like. when my sis was naughty my parents used to take away her make up and straighteners. do that then see whofeels a tramp lol

Do you know what hun - My honest opinion is that what your daughter has done is not nice - but when a group of girls get together they can be bloody horrible (I know I was bullied at school too) BUT sometimes 'nicer' girls can feel bullied in to bullying themselves - perhaps she thought if she didn't join in that she would get picked on too - I don't know, I don't know your daughter, but it is a posibility.

I think the biggest thing going in your daughters favour is the attitude you and OH have - so many parents would brush over the situation and 'let the school deal with it' - It might seem like a harsh punishment and you may feel guilty carrying it out - but she will thank you in the long run - she obviously knows that she has done wrong because of the phone call at dinner time.

I'm sure she never really meant this girl any harm - sometimes kids don't realise how hurtful thier words can be!

Chin up though hun :hugs:

so glad its all sorted for you hun.. i remember alot of things like that happening the school ringing the wrong parents to be honest about who was really bulling who.. if i had not of read this whole post i was going to put my personall experience of bullying and what really happend but dont need to now

Aww hun - the school really should had explained it better - it's not fair that they've made this girl out to be a victim when shes as bad as all the others! Hope you're all feeling a bit better today :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->