9DPO, negative blood test. Heartache :(

KittenSquad

Reaction score
I am currently 9 days past ovulation, but since I ovulated late, my period has already been missed. I have taken 3 at-home pregnancy tests (all negative). Then I went into the doctor and had a negative blood test.

I am so upset because I missed my period, have experienced light cramps with a pinching feeling on my left side, nausea started about 3 days ago with vomited after certain meals, and I am an emotional wreck.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I'm sorry you are having a tough time. But 9dpo is still fairly early. I would wait at least 3 days before looking for a truly positive test. :) I didn't get positive with my last pregnancy until 11dpo. And last time (m/c unfortunately) was at 13/14dpo. Don't give up until AF shows! I'm currently 4 or 5dpo myself. Fingers crossed. Good luck and babydust to both of us! :) :dust:

Your period is based on your ovulation, so unless your luteal phase is abnormally short, being 9dpo means your period is still days away.

Was the blood test at the doctors a straight yes or no test, or a hcg count? The limit for a 'positive' tends to be the same there as with a hpt, 25miu - where obviously any hcg present in your system at this stage would indicate pregnancy.

Unless you have a really short luteal phase (which could be a prob for conception) 9 dpo is way too early usually for a BFP. Implantation doesn't typically happen til 7-12 dpo and it takes time after that for the little bean to pump out enough hormone to register on a blood or urine test. Give it a few more days and poas. Good luck!

Thanks ladies for all the replies! This will be my first, so I am new to tracking, ovulation, and all this fun and stressful stuff :wacko:. For the last year, I have had pretty regular cycles from 30-35 days.

M&S+Bump, I am unsure the exact test they used. All they said was the blood test came back negative, but that I can come back in a week if my period hasn't shown up.

If the ovulation tests were correct, then I ovulated really late so I am completely unsure when my period should have started. Based on my last cycle, I should have started on June 27th. My boobs usually hurt before my period, and they don't hurt at all. However, I am cramping, but mild ones with a pinching off to the side sometimes. Wasn't experiencing nausea until about 3 days ago, getting sick once each day after a meal.

xSamantha, I am so sorry to hear about your m/c. Good luck to you on this one and baby dust to you all!

Sorry, new to this forum and didn't know I could directly respond! I am unsure the exact test they used. All they said was the blood test came back negative, but that I can come back in a week if my period hasn't shown up. Still waiting for the results to be posted on my patient account do I can see more info.

It was likely the yes/no (qualitative). Most offices won't do a beta (quantitative/specific number) unless you specifically ask for it.

I second what has been said. Generally speaking you O 24-36 hours from your first positive (test and control line match) or about 12-18 hours from your peak (test line much darker than control).

Your lp (days from ovulation to period) is static. It may vary by a day, but usually it does not. So if your cycles range from 30-35, that means your O date is not regular each month. My O used to be CD16 without fail, but now it can be anywhere from CD 12 (24 day cycle) to 18 (30 day cycle). My lp is 12 days and I get AF on 13dpo.

Implantation (where your little bub digs into your uterus and starts producing traceable amounts of hcg) occurs on average from 6-9dpo, but can happen as early as 5 and as late as 12. It takes about 2-4 days for that hcg to build up in your system. A blood test is more sensitive and can be used before an hpt, but st 9dpo I wouldn't even count a blood test accurate (beta or not). That's why they ask you to come back in a week in case you don't get AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->