A bit of support

Darcydoodle

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

Okay, this is going to actually be a very big step for me. I've never done this before and only very close family/friends and work friends know. I'm a lecturer at a local college near where I live. I've spent many a years teaching/nursery work. Worked with all ages. I have my masters in childcare and have just had my first little boy William.

I have ASD (autism) as ASD can be classed as ADHD & Aspergers as well, it affects me very differently to how I used to be, mine is more emotional/behaviour side than behaviour etc (this being when I was younger) You wouldn't be able to tell I had Autism in real life unless I actually told the person. I know some parents have lots of questions ranging from diagnoses to support and much more as it is such a scary journey. Well, I'm an adult now have challenged my Autism throughout my life and I'm a much positive person than I was years back.

If anybody would like to ask me questions, or have a general chatter I'm up for it. I maybe a little crazy but I can answer questions regarding school stuff, nursery policies and procedures (all slightly differ from setting to setting) from a parent with autism, teaching autistic kids.. stratergies on behaviours etc

I'd love to help! - Its a dark place when its such a vast difficulty to learn/develop knowlege about and to get the correct provision and support.

I hope this helps, and doesn't offend anyone. I'd just love to be able to reassure you that your little ones will be okay and autism isn't all bad :)

That took some courage to do!
Darcy x

Bless you :hugs:

I definitely would love some advice as we're just starting with our daughter. Thank you for having the courage to offer some insight for us. It really does mean a lot! :hugs:

Advice, support and just someone to vent to is needed!I am new to all this, and from learning from my son I often wonder if I had/have ASD..I have severe anxiety especially with change and loud noises, I often obsess over how things should be and more. But thats besides the point. I need help with my son and to know that things WILL get better. I want him to talk :( I mean clear sentences. hes 3, name is Bryce, hes my 5th son and has a vocab of spoken words (clear/unclear ) under 100 now. was around 20 over a year ago. He squeels alot of his I, E O .. bugs me, sends me into a state of mind that I get so dizzy cus its ear peircing. Thank you for offering.. its so appreciated

ADHD is not ASD. Autistic Spectrum Disorder does cover Aspergers as it is a mild form of Autism. However, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is not. It can mirror some symptoms of autism and can be related condition, but is not autism as people with autism and autistic traits can focus on their special interest, where as ADHD can't. It is possible for them to have both though. Its all on the national autistic society webpage.

Rant over.

My aspergers shows when people give false information ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->