A bit overwhelmed...

cskme_

Reaction score
My sweet little baby girl is now 2 weeks and 3 days old. My mom is here visiting and helping out, she will only be here another 3 weeks then she will be heading back home and I won't have any help at all as I have not one friend or family member where I live. Just me and Dh. im so frightened of how it will be when my mom leaves. my baby is colicky and she screams every single night and I've tried everything, nothing helps except for patience and being able to hand her off to my mom when it becomes too much. i know this is a regular thing, babies wake up at night and cry, sometimes scream at the top of their lungs and sometimes it lasts a long time. I just feel so overwhelmed by it all. Every night I get worried of the frustration I'm going to have when I have no help. dh helps but only to an extent, he tries to help out but he only keeps her awake for longer and she gets fussier. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. We have grope water, ovol drops, vented bottles (I am formula feeding for now - I am having lactation issues but that's another story), I try swaddling her and putting on white noise or standing by the dish washer or sink with the tap running. I bounce her around the house and talk to her. ill lay her down if she becomes too squirmy or I will change her position about 1000 times until she stops crying, but she just starts back up within a few seconds and it is so constant, it breaks my heart hearing her scream and cry.

I, personally, would try to get her tested for milk sensitivity or allergy. I breastfeed but our youngest did what yours does now until I went off dairy and we saw results of that quickly! She became a new baby.

It could be something else, of course but that is just my experience. It will be OK.... As parents we adjust and learn as we go. You might be more tired and a bit more frustrated at times but you will start to relax a little. Big hugs to you.. You are doing a great job! Hang in there. Things can change a lot even in just a few more weeks :hugs:

You might want to try giving a tiny bit of tea. I`d actually never heard of giving tea to a baby before I moved to Germany, but it's common practice here. When my son (also a formula drinker) was born, he had trouble burping which resulted in him having painful, screaming fits. Someone recommended we try giving him a bit of fennel tea. It worked wonders! He became such a calm baby after we started using it. Basically, you just make a very weak tea, let it cool to room temp, and then put into a bottle. Then before and after giving the formula, offer a few sips (that's all!) of the tea. This aids in their digestion.

Not sure if that might help in your case, but might be worth a try. Just remember to give only two to three sips of the tea, if you do so. Too much can give them loose bowels. Oh, and also, the tea must be plain. Do not add anything to it.

Good luck!

I, personally, would try to get her tested for milk sensitivity or allergy. I breastfeed but our youngest did what yours does now until I went off dairy and we saw results of that quickly! She became a new baby.

It could be something else, of course but that is just my experience. It will be OK.... As parents we adjust and learn as we go. You might be more tired and a bit more frustrated at times but you will start to relax a little. Big hugs to you.. You are doing a great job! Hang in there. Things can change a lot even in just a few more weeks :hugs:

Thank you I appreciate it, tonight she actually had her first calm night! She cried and fussed for maybe 30 mins before sleeping. She just woke up again after sleeping 3 hrs and I changed her diaper and fed her and she fussed again for maybe 30 mins and fell back asleep. I feel so accomplished so I cleaned my kitchen and did a load of laundry (at 3 am lmao)
I've only been a mom for 2.5 weeks so this is all so new to me. i hope I get the hang of things soon

You might want to try giving a tiny bit of tea. I`d actually never heard of giving tea to a baby before I moved to Germany, but it's common practice here. When my son (also a formula drinker) was born, he had trouble burping which resulted in him having painful, screaming fits. Someone recommended we try giving him a bit of fennel tea. It worked wonders! He became such a calm baby after we started using it. Basically, you just make a very weak tea, let it cool to room temp, and then put into a bottle. Then before and after giving the formula, offer a few sips (that's all!) of the tea. This aids in their digestion.

Not sure if that might help in your case, but might be worth a try. Just remember to give only two to three sips of the tea, if you do so. Too much can give them loose bowels. Oh, and also, the tea must be plain. Do not add anything to it.

Good luck!

I have never heard of that! I may have to run out and get some fennel tea today. Ill try anything just to help her little tummy. Thank you!!

Thank you I appreciate it, tonight she actually had her first calm night! She cried and fussed for maybe 30 mins before sleeping. She just woke up again after sleeping 3 hrs and I changed her diaper and fed her and she fussed again for maybe 30 mins and fell back asleep. I feel so accomplished so I cleaned my kitchen and did a load of laundry (at 3 am lmao)
I've only been a mom for 2.5 weeks so this is all so new to me. i hope I get the hang of things soon

That's amazing!! Great job!! You will get it. And already are. Just take it one day at a time :hugs:

Good luck!

I have never heard of that! I may have to run out and get some fennel tea today. Ill try anything just to help her little tummy. Thank you!!

I was curious if you did try it, and if it helped at all? I hope so! And if not, I hope you found something else that is working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->