A bit upset my Boss's horrible reaction!

Good lord. This is absolutely horrible. :-( I'm sooo sorry it is a situation in which you have to deal with. When people are like that to me I just start quoting Buddha. Most never get it. Don't listen to her. I'm not saying she's wrong.

But.

She's wrong.

That's horrible! I am lucky to have a fabulous boss - I actually told him before DH (not by choice - at my job I am exposed to infectious diseases, and the morning I got my BFP he called me and told me see a patient with bacterial meningitis). He was very happy for me and asked how long I was planning on waiting to tell him. I told him since I only found out TWO HOURS prior, I was hoping to wait a little longer - at least until after DH knew!!
You should certainly report your boss to HR. Those remarks are beyond uncalled for and inappropriate and could be construed as harassment.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! xox

Sorry u had to hear those things.

She sounds very jealous of u. I bet she wishes she was married with children instead of single. It kind of makes me think that she might of lost a baby in the past. When u have had a bad experience then u do think that it might not work out but she should keep those thoughts to herself.

She should never of said those nasty things to u. Just ignore it
Xxx

Wow thanks so much everyone for your lovely words and support. I was worried I was being too sensitive because I am genuinely worried about everything going well. But the more I think about it, you are all right... how bloody dare she! I would never say anything like that to anyone! Thoughts like that would never even enter my head, let alone, escape my lips!
Its a really weird thing because she is so supportive about other things. When my little sister died last year she couldn't have been more caring and understanding and patient with me. She is just SOOOOO horrible about marriage and kids. Its crazy!

I haven't had any morning sickness so far but, you know what? I feel it coming on, I might need a few days off! ;)

It would be ashame if you puked on her.... Oops my bad! It must be this non-progressing pregnancy !

So I told my Boss this morning that I am pregnant. I am only seven weeks but thought it best to tell her because I have appointments coming up and I didn't want to lie.
Anyway, when she asked how far along I was she reacted with 'Oh well then it might not even happen'. Then she kept referring to it as that thing that might not happen. THEN she said 'is it your first ever pregnancy? cus they are a bit like pancakes, the first one always turns out wrong' then she told me that 1 in 3 end in miscarriage.
I am now feeling tearful and worried.
Sorry, I don't know what I expect you to say but just had to get it out!

xx

Wow! Not only was the insensitive and harsh but extremely unprofessional! I would report her to HR if it were me!

I'm sorry she reacted that way. :hugs:

Most pregnancies work out just fine, don't listen to her. Unless you have a lot of cramping and/or bleeding I'm sure things are fine. Everyone has their own experiences and that is what they base their own feelings/thoughts/opinions on. Maybe she has fertility issues and is jealous and upset that you are pregnant? Either way, her response and reaction were inappropriate!

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months! :happydance:

So I told my Boss this morning that I am pregnant. I am only seven weeks but thought it best to tell her because I have appointments coming up and I didn't want to lie.
Anyway, when she asked how far along I was she reacted with 'Oh well then it might not even happen'. Then she kept referring to it as that thing that might not happen. THEN she said 'is it your first ever pregnancy? cus they are a bit like pancakes, the first one always turns out wrong' then she told me that 1 in 3 end in miscarriage.
I am now feeling tearful and worried.
Sorry, I don't know what I expect you to say but just had to get it out!

xx

i would consider reporting her for the way she has referred (and continues to refer) to your pregnancy.

it's not 1 in 3, it's more like 1 in 5, for a start. the first one doesn't always turn out wrong (i have my son to show for that) and sounds like she can't cook for shit either because from the first to the last, my pancakes are always excellent.

try to ignore what she's saying (it may well be out of jealousy) and if it continues, report her for harassment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->