A bit worried...

Layla

Reaction score
After all the fuss Adam made a few weeks ago to be fed, after a couple of days of soilds he chilled right out then refused them, so he went back on milk only.

But now hes 20 weeks and showing no interest atall in soilds, he doesnt seem hungry, goes the normaly 3 hours between milk feeds and has 7oz each time.
He has his last bottle at 7pm and doesnt wake for another one untill 7am (he doesnt have dream feeds anymore)

im getting a bit worried, hes a big boy, been in 6 - 9 month clothes for a while now, so why isnt he more hungry? he cant carry on on milk alone for much longer but he just wont take anything else.

SHould i worry just yet? this is so new to me, all of mine were on 3 meals a day by now lol

x

I've no experience but hes obviously having what hes comfortable with - hes drinking what he wants regardless of him being a big boy :D Sleeping through happily full up.

I wouldn't worry I don't think going on what I've read up asked and compared over time *hugs*

I wouldn't worry just yet hun he is only 4 1/2 months, i know what you are saying though with the differance between the kids

Maybe just try himm with a bit of breakfast and go from there, he is obviously getting his fill with the milk and growing well :hugs:

every baby is different my 3 certainly are :lol:

by the sounds of it hes happy & content with his milk for now. Maybe try him on rice or breakfast and gradually build up to 3 meals, they go at their own rate and will tell you when they need more ;)

I wouldnt worry (easier said than done I know) until hes about 6 months and if hes still not interested then ask your HV or GP for ideas what to do

Here they tell you to not even start giving ceral til 6 months, so maybe its just to early for him?

Kaya's 5 and a half months and only just interested in tasting things that we're eating. She's not really ready for solids. Every baby is different, don't rush him if he's not ready, he'll survive on milk alone for a fair few months yet.

See i dont go by months, i go by weeks, he is 20 weeks now which in my mind makes me 5 months lol its just how my head works, i just think he should be eating by now...but like you have said, he must be ok.

Will get him weighted soon and see how hes doing.

Thanks

x

I would just guide the weaning at his pace...Katie, my youngest wasnt in the least bit fussed about the whole thing. I started weaning just after 5 months and she hated it, so I forgot about it and restarted it at 6 months and she had a growth spurt and was on 3 meals within 10 days :shock: it happened as quick as that, milk no longer satisfied her.

If he is content and sleeping and drinking his milk he just doesnt feel the need for more yet but he'll let you know when he does :)

hes just not ready yet by the sound of it, you will know when he is. all babies are different theres no rush hes obviously happy with milk alone at the moment. xxxx

Alot of midwifes say that children should only have milk until 6 months..but my children started solids earlier than that..maybe when your baby gets to 6 months you could go to your health visitor?

I also wouldn't worry as you still have one and a half month time to introduce solids!
it's recommended they are on milk only for the first six month (and they even can be on milk only for the first year, but this I heard about breastmilk though, not sure what's about formula), only if you get the impression they are too hungry you may introduce solids earlier.

but well, others said this already, but just wanted to give you assurance :hi:

thanks for all your advice guys :)

You were right about it happening quick when hes ready.....

Yesterday he was on my lap while i was having lunch, i went to put my sandwich in my mouth and he grabed it and pulled it towards him with his mouth open lol
I had a banana too so i mashed a tiny bit and gave it to him, muth wide open and shouting for more!

Today hes been shouting at me loads, so i gave him some food....

Hes had all of his bottles still, plus quater of a mashed banana this morning and 4 spoonfulls of butternut squash and sweet potatoe all pureed. both times hes opening his mouth really wide and shouting at me to hurry up lol

Im so pleased, it didnt feel right him not eating at this age :)

x

awww well done Adam :D you will have to watch your plate from now on cause it'll be pinched :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->