A C-section horror story!

nikky0907

Reaction score
I always thought that c-sections are great.That they are a wonderful,pain free alternative to natural labour.
And that if something happens and I end up in an emergeny c-section,it would be perfectly fine.

BUT today! Listen to this.

I was sitting with my friend Rebecca in a cafe when her friend passes by.They make a little small talk and my friend asks her about her sister who was pregnant the last time the two saw each other(Rebecca and her friend).And this friend suddenly goes completely white and starts telling us what happened to her sister.

She was 10 days overdue and they took her in for an induction.When they examined her they heard that the heart isn't beating.So they put her to sleep straight away and cut her up.While they were doing it they cut the baby with a scalpel!!

And then they didn't let her see her son for 10 days.And to top it all,the woman's stomac han't yet flattened! It still looks like she's pregnant.

The baby is now 6 months old and they basicly go from doctor to doctor,plastic surgeons.The mother goes from docor to the doctor,nobody can figure out why her stomac is the way it is.

The thing is that she gave birth in the exact same hospital as I will!
It's the North Adams hospital,not in my town but close to it.
It has a rep of a good hospital,but frankly my experience with it's doctors has not been good so far.

I am now terrified of ending up in a c-section...:cry: :cry: :cry:

OMG .... another reason to make me petrified of a c section!!

Thanks Amy lol.

Im petrified of being cut open and being awake

That sounds a really unfortunate situation and if it happens to you I'm sure it won't end up like that.

Still C-sections are deffinatly not a nice, pain free alternitive to natural labour.

After I had my LO and was on the ward, there were women there who'd had a c-section and were completely bed bound. They couldn't even pick up their babies from next to them without the help of a midwife.

Giving birth naturally is painful and you are still normally in a lot of pain after but at least you are able to get up and move around. Healing from a c-section takes longer and is much worse.

hmm maybe it could flatten if she had another baby? that is so weird and i've definetly been put off it!

OMG!! but just to put across my story to those of you worried about c/section. With my son i had an elective c/section due to health reasons and it was fantastic! The spinal block didnt hurt at all. After a few moments i was asked if i could feel what the midwife was doing only to look down and see my legs being held up! i couldnt feel a thing. Once they started the section i got impatient and asked what was happening only to be told my baby was about to make his entrance. I was up and about the following day and was not in too much pain. I know there are horror stories out there but in general having a section is fine.

Im petrified of being cut open and being awake

Me too! I can't even grasp it!
And being asleep means that I won't see my baby being born...

I'm officially joining the ''terrified of c-section'' club.I'll even print out the t-shirts!

This is incredibly rare - I'm so sorry for that woman and her baby. It could be because she was overdue there might not have been very much fluid around the baby (not that this makes it any better that the baby was injured).

Try not to worry - most of the time medical intervention happens to save the baby or mother's life and that is most important. If they couldn't find the hearbeat, if they had waited and gone more slowly that woman could now be mourning her baby.

Too true Shri.

Still I've never wanted a section - can't bear the thought of being sliced open and baby lifted out of me. Just doesn't seem right, but if the baby is in distress and its the only thing left, then needs must as they say xx

CALM DOWN !!! I have had 4 sections and survived!!. It is certainly not a painfree alternative, but I held my baby from day 1 and was mobile the next day. I agree with other lady that if they had not acted quickly they could be mourning for the baby now. You hear scare stories with sections and vaginal deliveries, but thankfully they are rare.:happydance:

Thanks guys...This story just totally spooked me out.

I know that millions of women go through a c-section and are perfectly fine but now I'm constantly wondering what if I'll be that one case that goes wrong?!

I'm not a fan of them. I've had two abdominal operations in he last 6 months, and I can tell you that recovery is not fun, and it hurts! Much rather give birth naturally.

Im not a huge one for worrying if things go wrong its just the actual thought of what is being done to me that i cannot stand ...

If im asleep i have no recollection of anything but being awake ... aaargh!!

I've had two and will have another in August.

First of all, one has to remember something - the health and life of your child. With my first, after two days of induction hell and contractions, my baby and I were under stress, I was not dialating and I potentially could have lost that baby. I am lucky she is here.

Secondly, unless something is really seriously wrong, they will not put the mom to sleep during the C-section. I've been awake through the C-section procedures and seen my babies right after they were born.

Thirdly, I've talked to many women who have had C-sections and never heard anything happen like this story.

millions of women have been there and done it so it cant be that bad right?

I work as a theatre nurse and work years ago in the obstetric theatres...

C-sections are an operation at the end of the day...you wouldnt go in to be cut open unles syou really needed it.
As with ANY surgery there are risks to this...babys being cut by scalpel yes its not nice but if you see how thin the sac layers are AND in an emergency situation they just want to get the baby out so they can be treated by medics and mum safe and well.

Its very unfortunate that this lady ended up with a non flat stomache and as distressing as it probably is for her to be trawling between plastic surgeon and obstitrian she is still alive to do this...I assume her baby lived too.

As I said its such a horrible thing to have happened to her and her child but she is still alive to tell the tale.
God sorry I sound harsh...it just gets me sometimes....

C-sections do have risks as does natural childbirth...but should never be considered an "easy" option or for "too posh to push and tummy tuck at the same time" REALLY bugs me but for medic reasons I agree fully and save many many lives...

As I said I am sorry if I sounded harsh or ranted...this is mearly my opinion.

Over all the years I worked in this operating theatre only a hand full of cases didnt go as planned...but nothing "bad"...yes a few scalpel nics to baby in emergency situations but they were fine after healing.

I hope I didnt scare anyone as this wasnt my intention.

:hug:

Emma.xx

I saw something about that on TV today ... having a tummy tuck whilst having a c section!! What on earth ... as if recovering from a c section wouldnt be enough?

I know!! Not done on NHS...as far as I am aware...

But thats how many of the celebs get back into their skinny jeans just weeks after givingbirth....grrrrrrr...really really bugs me. Make real people feel inadequate when they havent got back to their "normal" after a few months or so...

:hug:

Emma.xx

As with everything id give it a bash on my own first and if i couldnt shift it i'd prob have a tummy tuck. But i think you've got to at least give things a try before you resort to things like that

I never thought that they could give a tummy tuck during a C-section. My OH and I had this talk.

I always thought they couldn't as the uterus and everything needs to go back to normal before having it done or else the tummy tuck would just not work.

Strange!

In US,they'll give you a tummy tuck while fixing your tooth.

I know that c-sections save lives but this story made me totally freak out!Thanks guys for a small calm down...:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->