A couple of food things and a question about apricots

mommyof3co

Mommy of 4 amazing boys!
Reaction score
With us moving and lots of stress with Mark having lost his job and was out of work for 7mo I found myself doing alot more "easy" dinner, not as much homemade as I had before. But with Landon getting out for the summer from school and Mark finally finding another job :happydance: I've really wanted to go back to making most if not all of their food myself. So I've been trying tons of new recipes out on them. Today for lunch I made them this...

https://weelicious.com/2008/11/12/pasta-wee-one/

It was a big hit, they are still eating now but they both really like it, and it was really easy yay!! It's actually the first time I've cooked with sun dried tomatoes..not sure if I got the right ones? I got some that said smoked, ready to eat, from a bag...boy did they smell "smokey" when I opened it. They seem to like it so I guess it's ok? But do you think the ones packed in oil are better?

Also strawberries are in season and I got some REALLY good ones so today I'm going to make them strawberry preserves to add to yogurt and use as a dip...will be my first time to make it..wish me luck haha, it seems easy enough though. But I also made some fresh strawberry popsicles from the ones I bought..they will try those later on, hopefully they turned out good.

I bought some fresh apricots for the first time actually, here it's not that easy to get them fresh except for a very short time during the year..which is now. They love the dried ones but since I've never had them fresh I'm not really sure what to do with them? Do I just cut them up like I would a peach/nectarine? What kinds of things can I make with them?

Not really answering your question as such but I tried a fresh one for the first time in ages today and just ate it like I would a peach. To be honest it didn't taste of much and I won't buy them again! I guess just use them in recipes as you would the dried ones.
Which reminds me, I have a post to put on about the dried ones!!

I've actually never cooked with the apricots either, they just snack on the dried ones all the time, they love those

OH eats apricots like he would a nectarine or a peach.. maybe you should try them out first and see how they are? I've never had a fresh one either so I can't say how the taste is. OH eats weird foods :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->