A couple questions about TTC again after a miscarriage?

S

Semanthia

Hey Ladies,

I am still going through my miscarriage so I am not actively trying again yet. I haven't been able to see my doctor yet since she has been out of the office all week so I haven't been able to talk to her about how we want to try again right away. I went to the emergency room twice to make sure there weren't any problems. The second doctor I saw told me I should get some testing done since this is technically my second loss. I feel very scared now. I thought this miscarriage is completely unrelated to my last (which since it was a live birth I have a hard time calling it a miscarriage). My first loss was due to a mixture of incompetent cervix and Chorioamnionitis at 21 weeks, this one I don't know why I lost at 6 weeks. I know we will probably be told to wait a certain amount of time because we were told that with my first loss. How long were you told to wait? How long have you waited? And what would happen if I didn't wait the suggested time frame? I really don't want to wait 3 cycles after the miscarriage is done, it is too long.
Thanks for any answers or advice you have.

Hi and sorry for your loss hun, sending hugs :hugs:

I was told by both the consultant who did my ERPC and my GP that there is no medical evidence that you need to wait longer than a month. However some medical professionals (like the midwife I saw after I found out I had a mmc) say 3 months more to give you time to emotionally heal than for any medical reason. The only time there is medical reason to wait longer is for things like molar pregnancies and ectopics.

Personally I say whenever you feel ready is the right time. It's 3 weeks since my ERPC and we are NTNP, I'm not waiting for first AF, though I doubt I'm going to conceive this cycle anyway. As yours was an early loss I see no reason why you'd have to wait a while - they say wait for first AF more for ease of dating the pregnancy and to let your body get back to normal, but I don't see any reason why you'd need to wait longer.

Good luck with whatever you decide :flower:

After both my mmcs I was told that they like you to wait at least a month, but it is more for the purpose of dating your pregnancy rather than an actual medical reason. If there were no complications during the mc, you can theoretically conceive the next time you ovulate (which for me was 14 days after)

Obviously if it is a late mc then I think the advice is different, but mine were both around the 12 week mark.

I was told to wait 1 cycle. I wouldnt think your 2miscarriages could be related. You already know the cause of your first loss so I wouldn't think you would need tests.

Thank you for replying. Your comments have helped to ease my mind. I'm going to see my doctor Thursday, hopefully everything is healing well and she agrees with only waiting one cycle :)

Hi,

I miscarried about 2 weeks ago, and I only bled for about 5-6 days. I have been checking the CM and after 1 day at dry, it seems to have gone back to "normal" which is extra amount for me. My levels dropped from about 1000+ to 240 last Friday morning and I assume they have continued. The doc said there is no reason that we could not try again at my next ovulation. There was no reason that they could pinpoint that I MC. After discussion we decided as we have a daughter, that we would try again immediately.

We are planning on temping and using OPKs beginning this weekend, because my cycle is already irregularly irregular. I have AF every other month, but ovulate monthly... strange but true. So if this keeps up, we are looking to begin again (let the OPKS tell it) in mid-August. I am wondering about other ladies experiences that began TTC after a MC????? Write to us ladies....

Mine was a "missed" MC as the baby measured 8w2d and they didn't catch the situation until I began to bleed at 9w6d....

Semanthia:

I lost our first at 5 weeks 5 days (about when you did with the second loss) and was told two different things. At the military clinic, an American P.A. told me to wait a few months (2 or so) but when I went to see the German OB doctor, he said just wait until I get a regular AF then try, and also added that it would be fine if I got pregnant again too. This was post ultrasound. He also said early miscarriages are common and there isn't anything to worry about.

A little long winded, but I would first talk to your doctor. I wouldn't assume that they are related pregnancy losses, since the second one took place at 6 weeks, and that is a common time to lose one.

So sorry for your losses, hugs, girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->