A Daft Question..

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
Even though Isobelle is almost 16weeks, she seems to be changing her feeding routine. She has fed today at:

630am - 7oz
11am - 7oz
2:30pm - 7oz
5:45pm - 7oz

=28oz

She only had 4 bottles yesterday and woke at 5am this morning...whereas on the days she has had 5x7oz she has slept longer..

Now my dilema is, lol, do I put her to bed now and see if she STTN or risk her waking at daft o'clock (which she hasnt for 8weeks now) for a feed and mess up the whole day tomorrow??

What would YOU do for the best??

:shrug:

MIL said put her down now cos she may be dropping her last feed herself..??

xx

Id give her another feed at whatever time YOU want her to go to bed x

Not sure but you could try and see of she will take another couple of ounces now then put her to bed. Might be enough to make her sleep a bit more?

I'm gonna try her again at about half 8 then put her to bed, she certainly dosent seem tired now..

xx

I would try another bottle before bed, just when you think shes ready x

She is currently sleeping on sofa, but keeps stirring so I am gonna try her with a few extra oz before I take her up.

If she dosent want it, she wont take it, IMO...

xx

Hello :hugs::hugs:

Could you try a dream feed before you go to bed :hugs::hugs:

yes i would top her up before going up the wooden hills! Rorys fed every 2 hours today :saywhat: xx

Well, managed to get another 5oz down her before bed, and she has settled back down straight away.

I'm not sure if she is trying to drop this last feed or not..?

lol

xx

yes i would top her up before going up the wooden hills! Rorys fed every 2 hours today :saywhat: xx

crikey!!

how many oz? Isobelle seems to be going 4hrly now..

xx

6oz at a time! Rory went to 4 hourly feeds then woke for an extra bottle in the night because he wasnt having that extra one in the day. Then last 3 days he went back to every 3 hours then today he has gone every 2 hours. He had his last bottle at 6.30pm and i put him bed. I thought he was having a growth spurt last week when he picked a night feed up but thinking about it, i think it was just purely cus he was going every 4 hours and couldnt fit that other feed in the day, im thinking he is actually having his growth spurt now or its just lasting well over a week!! I dunno!!!!!!!! xx

I always fed just before bed to 'reset' their feeding so that they'd hopefully then sleep the longest stint that they possibly can. Otherwise if you dont feed then you might end waking after only a coupld of hours of you in bed, because for them its several hours since the previous feed.

I wouldn't encourage dropping the last feed before bed and always still give a bedtime bottle. If they're dropping a feed its common to be one of the day ones and then re-spacing the rest. Normally night and morning are the 2 last feed to go with a lot of children still having these beyond 1 year old.

New mummy and Fabby, there's only a few days between our gorgeous little baba's! x

Just give her a top up before bed.. Xanthia seems to want to go to bed at 6pm and wake up at 8.30am now.. :S
X

Yeah she woke up at 6.30 am for a feed then slept until 9am.

But tonight i gave her a dream feed at 8pm to see if she will miss out the 6.30am feed..

Never thought she would sleep for 15hrs straight..
Must get that from OH!!
X

Just give her a top up before bed.. Xanthia seems to want to go to bed at 6pm and wake up at 8.30am now.. :S
X

WOW!! hahahaha cool go Xanthia :happydance:

I gave her top up, lets see what happens :flower: :coffee:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh