A Day in the Life of a Cloth Bum Mum!

such a good thread ladies :thumbup: i'm learning soooooo much :yipee:

Its fab ey!! Im so glad Ive got all these experts to answer my questions! :D Sooo handy as I cant seem to make any sence of all the different types when Im reading up about them!

i have quite a few cloth nappies and i love them,they are so easy to use! I have some funky rainbow patterned stinki minki washable wipes from baby kind, which came in a bag with a waterproof liner which i can use while we are out to put wet nappies in. I shove all his washing in together last thing at night-(clothes,nappies,wipes) i use fairy non bio, and if its dry the get hung out first thing in the morning! I have a foaming wipes essence i got again from baby kind (my fave site at the mo!!) which is fantastic-i squirt the foam on his bottom and wipe off with the towelling side of the wipe and then dry him with the fleecy side!! I have used asda eco disposables alongside of the cloth because he has been having some seriously liquid nappies since he has been on the colief because id have run out of cloths as he was following through when he trumped,but he is ok now,so im just using the eco ones over night to use them up!!

im getting a pretty good collection going so am pretty much full time cloth now]i have 15 coolababys for general daytime(these are not the best but if youre going to change often in the day theyre alright, 3 naughty babies, 3 bg v3 and 2 blueberry...with 5 more blueberry on order, i just pop them in a bucket until ive got about 8-10 chuck them in the washer and put them on the line in the morning, they only take about an hour on the line to dry

They're very little work, I only do 1 extra wash every 2-3 days and they dry on the sock hanger we have. Showering the poo out of a morning isn't my favorite job but it's only once a day, and most of the time there's very little after flushing the big poos. I got them 'cause they're cute, the environment is just one of many benefits. Costwise we get a voucher for real nappies, although I went a bit over board with my spending and ended up paying lots regardless, but that's just 'cause I'm daft and am easily won over by cute prints :)

They're very little work, I only do 1 extra wash every 2-3 days and they dry on the sock hanger we have. Showering the poo out of a morning isn't my favorite job but it's only once a day, and most of the time there's very little after flushing the big poos. I got them 'cause they're cute, the environment is just one of many benefits. Costwise we get a voucher for real nappies, although I went a bit over board with my spending and ended up paying lots regardless, but that's just 'cause I'm daft and am easily won over by cute prints :)

yeh i can claim some money back too as our council have some scheme going to promote real nappies... :D thats good to know you dont do toooo much extra washing. think that was my main concern, although tbh, the washing machine seems to be going all the time anyway :D

My main problem seems to be if he goes to Grandmas for the night, neither will 'do' cloth nappies so I end up with one nappy that needs washing and nothing to wash it with :dohh: no use putting them in with clothes stuff as I use fabric softener. Nevermind, he doesn't go over that much anyway :p

I wash every night or every other night at 30 on a quick wash (30min cycle) and then in the morning I either tumble dry if it's raining, or hang out on the line if it's dry.

I live a flat but luckly we have a communial garden with 2 washing lines

i'm really finding a good routine now - during the day i just take out the inserts, rinse them (if she poo's) and pop them in a bag (waiting on my pail) and then after she's in bed, i put them on a 60 degree wash and hang them on the airer to dry over night, in the morning i pop together and we're ready to go again :)

i originally decided to switch cos they looked so cosy and thought it might save us a bit of money, i've now realised i can't stop buying them :)blush:) and i think they are wonderful :D

i'm really finding a good routine now - during the day i just take out the inserts, rinse them (if she poo's) and pop them in a bag (waiting on my pail) and then after she's in bed, i put them on a 60 degree wash and hang them on the airer to dry over night, in the morning i pop together and we're ready to go again :)

i originally decided to switch cos they looked so cosy and thought it might save us a bit of money, i've now realised i can't stop buying them :)blush:) and i think they are wonderful :D

Me too! Im finding a great routine!! and we had a very successful poo earlier... used a liner and ALL OF IT stayed in, so no scraping off the actually nappy haha!! Its alot easier than I imagined tbh. Wish I'd started sooner now!! :D xxx

Me too! Im finding a great routine!! and we had a very successful poo earlier... used a liner and ALL OF IT stayed in, so no scraping off the actually nappy haha!! Its alot easier than I imagined tbh. Wish I'd started sooner now!! :D xxx

us too :D and i could have written this my self, i wished i'd started sooner too x

Am I too late to add my routine? I wash every other day. It's a 60 degree wash followed by a rinse and another spin and I dry them on the line or if it's raining on those clippy things, you know, the handing frames with clothes pegs on them. We hang them on our 4 poster bed and they dry pretty quick. In the winter we dried them on the radiators.

We use flushable biodegradable liners so nappy changes are done in the bathroom.

And that's about it!

Not too late peanut! Always good to know what everyone else does. I can just see a bunch of nappies hanging off a four poster bed lol! :D x

Do you all wash your nappies on 60 degrees as I don't..I wash at 40 degrees every night...am I doing something wrong as I thought we were meant to be saving money and being economical here!!!

I would wash every other day but I haven't quite got enough to do that yet :D

x

Do you all wash your nappies on 60 degrees as I don't..I wash at 40 degrees every night...am I doing something wrong as I thought we were meant to be saving money and being economical here!!!

I would wash every other day but I haven't quite got enough to do that yet :D

x

I wash at 40 too Laurie and on a short cycle too. Once I have more nappies I'll wash every two days also, but atm I gota wash every night so Ive got nappies for the next day x

i wash on a40 every other night but every now n then i do a 60 just to make sure they r really clean:thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back