A different approach

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by smurfy, Nov 18, 2011.

1. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I have been TTC for about 6 months now, has anyone DTD just around ovaulation instead of starting every other day from around day 7, then a few extra DTD at ovulation time. The thing is sperm can only survive when you have EWCM, if not it dies in about 2 hrs and you only tend to have EWCM for a few days. The say as long as your keep the sperm fresh ie DTD every 3/4 days then it is ok. So has anyone just waited to DTD approx 2 days before ovulation and until ovaluation so approx 3/4 days and got pregnant?

Thanks interested in trying a different approach this month

Thanks

2. AC1987

AC1987 Mom of 2 DD's

I'm the same with you as I'm going on 6 months of TTC.

But I'm curious to know about that too.

3. griffinh

griffinh Guest

see i dont listen when people say not to do it every day lol. in july when i got pregnant (ended in chem) we dtd every day from cd 8 - cd 30 (ovulation cd21) and thats cos we are just highly sexed and we got pregnant. so we just do it when we feel like it, but every day over ovulation x

4. Ash0619

Ash0619 Guest

Hey, yeah ur way should be fine. If u dtd every other day from CD 8-20, it's just in case u O early to cover that window. If u know when u O u can stick in the O time frame. A little before O is best.