A different kind of nesting?

Tristansmom

TTC #3
Reaction score
Usually nesting involves cleaning and organizing ALL THE THINGS but my very strongest urge has been to spend heaps of time with my 6 year old, cuddling and snuggling and getting his toys all organized and buying him new clothes for school and so on... I can't figure out if this is part of nesting or if I'm partly in denial about him not being an only child anymore?? Lol anybody else have this with their older kiddo when they got close to the end?

Yeah and mine has been very clingy and wanting to "snuggle with mommy" all the time. It's very sweet :)

Nesting isnt always cleaning etc.
With my first I never had the urge to clean but I packed and repacked my hospital bag about 20times the day before I went into labour! I felt like a crazy person but I HAD to do it! Lol xx

I have been doing the same things...I have two teenagers, and I suddenly want to do everything for them. I want to make their favorite big meals and take them clothes shopping (school is about to start) and even help them clean their rooms! They humor me, thank goodness, but it is definitely a sense of urgency that is sometimes overwhelming.

I am also cleaning like mad. I might get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and see a little spot on the floor that I missed last time I mopped, and the next thing you know it's three in the morning and I am washing the floor by hand so I don't wake up my husband!

Mine is extra clingy. I want to spend as much time with him as possible before his sister comes, but at the same time I want him to start becoming more independent and get himself around to the idea that he won't be alone anymore so that it isn't such a shock when he sees her... mixed feelings.

Im like this with my husband.. Lol cooking meals to freeze for him, baking cookies and muffins to freeze.. Want to spend all of my time with him.. Lol hes spoiled like a child

My 11th month old has been very clingy lately usually she wants her daddy so I am enjoying this :) I was think mayb she senses her brother is coming but he is being a tad stubborn lol so I'll take it as she is just loving her mama

Usually nesting involves cleaning and organizing ALL THE THINGS but my very strongest urge has been to spend heaps of time with my 6 year old, cuddling and snuggling and getting his toys all organized and buying him new clothes for school and so on... I can't figure out if this is part of nesting or if I'm partly in denial about him not being an only child I've more?? Lol anybody else have this with their older kiddo when they got close to the end?

Ooh, ive been doing exactly the same! The nursery is practically bare but DS's playroom is now totally pimped up!! It is the mother of all playrooms! Spent loads of time making it nice and organised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->