A few questions. ......

Delamere19

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Hi. My baby was born on fri evening and I am attempting to bf. The first night he slept almost all night, last night he fed quite a bit and tonight more so. I know that new babies cluster feed but how long does it go on? When milk comes in does cluster feeding still happen and do they eventually get to the point where they actually leave a few hours between feeding? Any answers greatly appreciated! I am already exhausted! X

Hang in there. The first weeks were exhausting for me. It felt like he was eating all day and all night. It gets better when their tummies get a bit bigger and they become more efficient at nursing... My son is 3 months old and eats every 2-3 hours during the day, but He usually goes to bed at 9ish and wakes up to eat around 3 then it's right back to sleep. So i get a break at night now, which is fabulous. As for the "cluster feeding", it does seem that some days he is nursing constantly during the couple hours right before bed, but it's certainly not all the time and it seems to be mostly for comfort.

that's just my experience, i know all babies are different. but it will definitely get easier with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->