a few questions

nikkip19

expecting #1 :)
Reaction score
help! my son is 6 and a half mths old. he has bad reflux so i have to add 3 table spoons of formula to each 4 ounce bottle. he eats every 2 hrs to help with the reflux. he hasnt really upped his amounts of ounces in the past couple of mths. is there a time when babies just stop upping number of ounces? i feel like hes getting bigger so he should need more? and he was eating about a jar of baby food a day but then got a bad cold so i had to stop the babyfood for a week because he gagged on it while sick. now hes better but doesnt want the baby food! i feel hopeless... like hed be happy to starve any input? thanks bunches <3

ps- tried fingerfoods for BLW but its like he has no idea what to do with it? could he just not be ready for babyfood?

HV advised me 7oz of formula should be enough for Olivia for the time being. She been having 7oz since she was about 3mts, will be 5mths this week. On top she has 5-10 teaspoons of pureed veg after her lunch/teatime formula. If ur LO seems happy just with milk, stick with that. If Olivia didnt take to weaning I would have left it a bit longer.
I no exp of reflux hun so i'd advise u 2 spk 2 ur HV & she what she says, the ounces do seem low for his age but saying that if he was hungary he's take more or solids...dont worry xx

He wouldn't know what to do with finger foods yet, hon. :nope: In BLW, you offer them what you eat (not just finger foods) and they mostly play with it or are baffled by it for a while. It usually takes weeks or a couple of months for them to start purposely eating and getting much down them. So don't get discouraged if you offered finger foods once and he didn't gobble it down. :hugs:

I can't really address the other issues, though, as I Bf'ed on demand so have no clue how much they should be getting in ounces. :shrug: Sorry. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->