A few questions!!

lou_w34

mummy <3
Reaction score
Id really like to start using reusables... but i wanted to know how expensive are they to buy?? I know they work out cheaper in the long run... but at the moment i cant afford to buy loads of reusables at once if they are too expensive.

So how many do you ladies use each day?? And sounds silly.... but how do you use them? Like if baby poo's and you just chuck the liner away, can you still use the nappy if its clean??

:flower:

I tend to use about 6 in a day.. but I brought a birth to potty pack from motherease at about £200 with 20 mappies in so that I can wash them every 2-3 days.

I tend to find that I can't just change the liner, unless I catch to poo immediately and it's not much (although normally it wets the whole nappy)

I did jump on the flip BOGOF bandwagon and find them quite good.. for them you need fewer outers and more inserts, which may be more reasonable for you.

I use about 5 a day now, there are plenty of pre loved out there for a very cheap price also many places have offer on such as fill your panys who have some very good ones called flips which are buy one get one free at the moment for £13.99 and 10% off if you review an item on there, i have a spare code if you would like to pm me for it.
We slowly built our stash up from a few onwards and started using them and washing them at night we save £7 a week on nappies so in a month we save around £28-£35.

We use fleece liners which you can make with an old blanket and 1 blanket makes loads, if the poo is solid i shake it off and if not i either wash it through under the tap of get the shower on it, trust me it is not half as bad or hard as people think.

Now my LO is older i use about 6 a day give or take 1/2. You can buy nappies individually and build up like that, thats certainly how we started and actually. It's amazing how quickly you go through disposbales actually and i think it's perhaps only when you stop using them you realise just how many you got! I haven't bought any more sposies in agesss!

You can buy liners disposable or reusable but they are optional and really just help the clean up process. You can't just change the liner as the nappy itself will still be dirty. You can buy 2 part nappies so you can change the nappy and reuse the wrap. A lot of people like the itti bitti nappies because you can do this, you just buy spare inserts and swap them over when required.

They really do work out loads cheaper in the long run; I'd say get some pre-loved ones or the BOGOF Flip ones. Also if you buy the Mother & Baby magazine february issue there's a coupon for a free trial pack from Little Lamb (rrp £10 and mag is £2.70) it's one per household but u could get a few mags and have them sent to different relatives/friends (yeah I know cheeky!!); or have a look as some companies will accept payments by installements like Little Lamb do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->