A few random questions about cloth

Babyshambelle

Olivia's mum & pregnant!
Reaction score
I don't have a tumble dryer and so I dry all of my nappies/inserts/liners etc in my boiler cupboard or on radiators. Because of this, I find that the inserts (especially the BB ones) go really crispy when they have dried. Is it white vinegar that can be used as a softener? I also read about Ecover fabric softener being OK to use to fluff them up a bit every few washes...is this true??

On the subject of Ecover....I also read that you shouldn't cut down the amount of powder you use on nappies like with 'normal' powder....is this true???

Another one...how old were your LO's when you moved up a set of poppers in you BTP's? I don't think we are quite there yet with the 'good' nappies (BB's, BG's etc) but the cheapies really dig into her chunky thighs. I have tried moving the poppers up one, the leg holes seem ok, but the elastic digs in at the back and is really baggy at the front.

Oh, and last one...Naughy Babies - are they meant to be 'unstuffable' at the front where the velcro is? Or have I just got a dodgey batch???

Sorry about all these - it was just a bit much to ask in FBC! xxxx

Helloo... I can only answer one, and thats about the naughty babies. Mine are unstuffable at the front too, its because the velcro is sewn on right at the end. Much easier to make them this way as its lots quicker. Guess thats one reason why theyre cheap.

I dont have a tumble dryer either, just dry in boiler cupboard so know what you mean about the crispy inserts!! Time theyre all stuffed in I find them ok TBH so no answer for that question either lol!! I do find my motherease nappies are like cardboard when theyre dry though.. Would be interested if the ecover thing is true. May get some to use for the nappies if it is.

I've got Layla on the middle poppers on the naughty babies and the middle ones on the BBs. Have the same problem as you if I go up a size. Guess we'll just have to wait until theyre bigger. :shrug:

Thanks for that Maya, at least I'm not going mad with the crispyness and the naughty babies!!! :flower:

Heyy,

Yes it is white vinegar you can use instead of a softener. I just use a capful every now and again.

I haven't used ecover washing powder so not sure on that 1 tbh.

We moved to no poppers at about 10 months. At first it was a little big and there was an odd leak but on the middle poppers it was cutting into her which i didn't like. Just give them a go at home one day and see how they fit, the worst that can happen is that the nappy will leak :blush:

That's why I love the fuzzibunz , they don't go crispy and they're the only ones we've never had leaks AND you can adjust the leg size as well as the waist.

Sorry, can't answer the other questions!

Oh, yes I can, just checked my naughty baby nappies and mine aren't unstuffable at the front.. weird!

Ooooh...thanks for than henny! Since we went to Cheshire Oaks today and didn't spend too much I'm going to order a fuzzi bunz while they are on offer on Jabula! Just checked with OH and he says it's ok :thumbup:

I think Olivias thighs are just mega chunky (bless her :cloud9:) and I HATE it when nappies dig into them and leave nasty crinkly lines :cry: I don't think the naughty babies are going to be a sucess for us at all....even on the second poppers they are tight on her thighs!

Sorry to hear your not getting on with NB's. They're a BTP right? Perhaps hold on to them if you can though because once she starts moving and looses some weight, i've found anyway, nappies fit and hold up differently :hugs:

Yeah, I think we will hold onto them (they hardly broke the bank!) and reckon they will fit much better when shes a little bit older.

I've never really tried sized pockets either....anyone who has used Itti's - do they have plenty of room for thigh chunkage?? Olivia was 14lb4oz last week if that helps any???

my naughty babies arent stuffable right up by the front too hun, if you're finding leds too small for olivia i'd defo recommend FB's they are great!! the PUL seems really thin and i constantly think that i'm gonna split it but its really good quality! and you can adjust the legs/back elastics and if the elastic ever went you can buy replacements!! they are a little fiddly to get the fit right but they are fab!!!! i luuuuuuurrrrve mine

i'm sure somewhere i read about e cover being a good fluffer :thumbup: also not needing to half your dosing too

i also fing BB hemp bits go crispy if i line/radiator dry them.....i usually give em 5 nims in tumbler to soften them, or roll em up n crumple em a bit so soften them up why not try sticking a haridryer on em till they get warmed up/iron them so they are warm n just crumple them to unstiffen them a bit ?? might not work but worth a try if they get really crispy??

hope this helps hun

sara

xxxx

i think ittis are better with the lager thighed lady! lol i found daisy had a few leaks cos her theighs were too little to fill up the holes!!lol will have a nosey what weight smalls go up to cos if they will fit her i can send you one to try for a couple of days if you want hun ??

just thought tho, itti inserts take a lifetime to dry tho so you might be put off with that if you dont have a dryer???

they go up to 16 lb so if you wanna borow one for a few days to have a play you're more than welcome to :hugs:

Aw, thanks hun, I'll let you know how I go with the FB then I might ask if I could borrow one! :thumbup: I'm even having issues with my smart nappies at the moment too! I think she has slimmed down on her waist, but chunked up on her thighs so I cant get a good balance between a baggy waist and tight legs!

lol well you should have some success with the fb as its soooooo adjustable!!! let me no hun, its no probs to send you :hugs:

Freya also got a slimmer waist around 4 months, but can't say her thighs grew! I have trousers that were tight on her at 3 months and are baggy round the waist now! :dohh: She is still gaining weight somewhere though?! Lol.

awwwwww she s lush !!!!!! thighs dont look that big to me????

aww her little thighs are gorgeous lol, you'll be giving her a complex!!! haha olivia dont listen to your mummy!!

:haha:

x

Hahahah girls....shes lovely, and I could eat her little thighs on a sandwich! Unfortunatley it's something she has inherited from her mummy! I apologise for it every day, bless her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->