• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A forced c section??!

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Not tht I'm saying that this never happened, I always try to hold as much judgement as possible until the end of an inquest/trial but I'm shocked that this would happen in the uk in the 21st century??!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10486452/Child-taken-from-womb-by-social-services.html?fb

Yikes!

I would like to see the full details regarding the mother's mental health (obviously never going to happen!) and see the reasons for social services put forward. Possibly the Mother threatened to harm the unborn baby? Hence the decision to remove the child under these circumstances?

I would say it would had to have been very exceptional circumstances, which I can't say were or were not justified without seeing the full details.

Yikes!

I would like to see the full details regarding the mother's mental health (obviously never going to happen!) and see the reasons for social services put forward. Possibly the Mother threatened to harm the unborn baby? Hence the decision to remove the child under these circumstances?

I would say it would had to have been very exceptional circumstances, which I can't say were or were not justified without seeing the full details.

Totally agree it's so hard when u don't know the full story. However, if it's true that the family weren't informed surely this should have happened? If she wasn't in a fit mental state to make this sort of decision then a family member should have made those decisions for them? Surely care of thexhild should have stayed with the family rather then adoption?

She must have been a real to her baby for such a extreme decision to be made.

If she threatened her childs life and SS knew about it and did nothing we would all be condemning them.

Utterly deplorable.

For a woman to lose such basic human right in "safeguarding" that of an unborn whose very being/existence hinges on her is unfathomable. A pregnancy should never infringe this right and it is a shame that this sort of thing continues to happen.

From what has been reported this far, she has two other children, it seems bizarre the third was removed when she had clearly demonstrated to be a competent mother. It's simply the stuff of nightmares.

This is extremely disturbing! I try to take anything in the press with a grain of salt, but if this is even somewhat true… :shock:
The forced C-section alone is horrifying, let alone the rest of it. :nope:

I think there has to be more to this story than what has been reported in the press.

Gosh this is a very shocking story for the UK if taken at face value, I have to believe though that there would have been a very good reason for this, I don't believe in this country this would have been done unless absolutely necessary, I don't imagine the decision was taken lightly. I doubt we'll ever know the details but let's hope the mum and baby are getting the support they need, medical and otherwise.

This story has so many unrevealed details but based on what the papers are saying, is completely horrifying.

Its difficult to comment when only the womans side of story was told. On the same story by another news sight it said about panic attack but there must have been more for her to be sectioned and then the missing medication. It does seem wrong on the surface but to get a judge to agree there has to be more to the story

I think there has to be more to this story than what has been reported in the press.

:thumbup:

I genuinely believe drastic action like this, taken in the UK, would not have been authorised without a clear case presented.

https://www.essex.gov.uk/News/Pages...headlined-Essex-removes-baby-from-mother.aspx

A little more information such as the mother already having 2 children removed from her care

There are still so many unanswered questions, like the surgery, was that really necessary? The Italian authorities are feigning ignorance about the whole thing and the idea that they weren't informed doesn't sit right with me (if true) Then there are things like preserving a child's identity, culture, which could have been best served in her native country instead of placing her in a foreign care system.

It sounds like it was in interest in health of mother and child did c section by wording so could have been for medical reason around why she was sectioned but we may never know. I wonder if the baby will go back to Italy as no one there ready to take baby on, mother lost other 2 children (so the reason she lost children may be included in decision), and baby born in UK. The social services do try to maintain cultural identity when children adopted. My sister adopted and they go on courses and they try and get a good cultural match for children

it also says works with extended family so you have to question the news story from op. I just hope whatever is best for the baby happens

I genuinely don't think we can speculate anything, we will not know even 10% of the story, it's a shame it even got into the news really because without the full story (which we do not need for the children's sake and safety) it is all moot, anything we assume, judge, wonder is pure speculation and nothing else.

I, for one, am glad it hit the headlines. The attention it has garnered will hopefully force the family laws closed court system to submit to public scrutiny like any other institution. It's one thing to require a minor not be named but quite another to criminalise reporting of cities these hearings take place. Secrecy gone to far at the expense of lives.

This is beyond crazy! Just horrifying to me...

I, for one, am glad it hit the headlines. The attention it has garnered will hopefully force the family laws closed court system to submit to public scrutiny like any other institution. It's one thing to require a minor not be named but quite another to criminalise reporting of cities these hearings take place. Secrecy gone to far at the expense of lives.

I agree. I understand their has to be a degree of secrecy in family courts but the amount there is means that some unjustified happenings go on and nothing can be done to tell the world about it. It also means that it is harder to make them accountable for mistakes.

It's always going to be hard to strike a balance between protecting people and making institutions accountable, but on a humanitarian level I have enough faith in the system in this country to believe this must have been done with good reason and that enough people will know the situation to keep it under control humanely so nothing has been taken advantage of, that doesn't necessarily mean the media and public need to know every detail. Maybe I'm naive...but in this scenario I wouldn't take the headlines at face value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->