• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A forced c section??!

I agree with MarineWAG. The social workers who I have spoken to in the past through students I have had, have had only the children's interests at heart and did their best to keep child with parent. We don't know the full story and the papers are only putting out at the moment what the mother and her lawyers want out. It sounds shocking but we don't know the circumstances. We wont know why she had a forced c section, was it medical? was it because she was a danger to herself and child? was it due to mental problems creating diminished capacity meaning the patient could not make a decision herself to correct medical care needed so went to the courts, there are so many possibilities. I don't want to comment on a story that so far which has come from one source, the mothers side. Its easy to say that is awful but I do wonder the circumstances. You have to wonder the circumstances of her first children been lost to. I understand family courts cant be completely open as it risks harm to the child, I am sure they find it hard in an on going case that they cant make everything public but if they did nothing and that baby had come to harm I am sure people would have been up in arms saying she was receiving help in the UK and nothing was done despite circumstances. As I said before I just hope what is best for the baby is done whether that be going back to family, being adopted, staying in UK or going to Italy

Final hearing report https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2013/20.html

The doctors wanted the section but they also wanted the baby to be kept with Mum on a unit, the judge disagreed and over-ruled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->