A full term baby after a premmie??

kmw2g10

Reaction score
Hello!
This is my first post on this site! I have had 3 beautiful children at all different gestations and am currently ttc number 4 but am sooo anxious about having another premmie. My first son was born at 40+3, second son at 36 weeks and my third child, a little girl at 32 weeks. No reason has been discovered for the birth, contractions started spontaneously, I thought they were braxton Hicks but 3 hours later we had a baby girl!
Has anyone had any experience of this? I know the majority will have all their children premature but I have yet to find anyone with my experience, apart from inductions for medical reasons.
I'm just not sure I can go through that again,and put the other children through it too :cry:

Your story sounds like mine, we had Alex at 27+4 with a spontanious labour and like you i thought at the most it would be braxton hicks!

almost 2 years on i went on to have my overdue little girl Tori. I was taking part in a research trial too which involved using progesterone suppositries too . I have no idea if this worked or Alex's early arrival was a sheer fluke, but it was proof it could happen!

My children were as follows 1st-39+4, 2nd 38+3, then 3rd by emergency section due to severe pre eclampsia at 31+3, 4th and final baby (after having the same worries as you) we took the plunge and my waters broke at exactly 32wks (my waters had never gone on their own with the others!) no known cause (no probs with pre eclampsia either). I managed to keep my legs crossed for 16 days and he was born 34+2, spent only 7days in scbu, it was hard but definitely worth it. Good luck :flower:

unsure will let you know i am 15weeks pregnant with 2nd living child, my DS was 33weeker but lost my waters at 31weeks and after 13days labour he was born so wasn't quick lol

My cousin was born 2 months early. Three years later her brother was born at 40 weeks. It's possible to go full term after having a preemie.

My first was a 27 weeker and I have recently had a big chubby full term boy!!!

I've had a 34 weeker then a 36 weeker. Am hoping this will be 38 weeks at least :)

when you due hun?

I am 18weeks 1 day today if this baby is born same gestation as DS i will likely have baby in 14weeks 6 days lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->