a good complainers advice wanted complaining to asda re product setting on fire

K

kimbobaloo

i was cooking last night and my oven set on fire, after putting it out we discovered it was a silicone cake thing from asda.
i rang up last night and complained and they said to take the remains in store and note any damage, i have taken pictures of the holes in the carpet and of the oven (i think the oven if fine tbh ive just give it a good clean and it looks like nothing happened).
But im no good at complaining, what do i say instore, obv i dont want another silicone cake thing in place i think ill stick to the tin ones in future.
I said to the lady ont he phone my 2 yr old was in the room (he was just outside the kitchen door but still!) when it set on fire as was i and the oven was
set between 170 and 180 so there was no reason for it to do this.
Obv. i would like the carpet replacing by asda as its a rented house and im moving out next month so i will have to replace it before i move to get my deposit back.
Im just no good at complaining and need some tips :haha:

Be calm but firm. Explain all the damage that was caused and set out exactly what you want. It is likely customer services won't be able to do anything other than offer a refund for the product. Ask for the name and address of who you need to write to at head office and take the damaged product away with you. They will probably tell you to claim off your insurance for the damage. Don't accept the refund if that's all the are offering and have her note this on the complaint. Request they pull these from the shelves until the manufacturer has dealt with the problem.

they said they need the product to investigate the problem.... i would be happy with a weeks shopping and a new carpet lol, my sister said about threatening to go to the local paper with it????

and i dont have insurance lol :dohh: i was going to take it out but never bothered

Id threaten them with the paperss, it usually always works :)

ive managed to arange for my sister to come with me for support (shes 1 week over due and mega pissed of at everything :D ) im just waiting for the landlords handy man to come and check the oven to see if there is any damage to the oven (ive been waiting since 8 this morning :/ )

It's fine if you're not insured (although you really should get some....) make sure they know that. Your landlord would have insurance to cover the carpets and damage to the building, I would have thought. Not that I'm suggesting Asda shouldn't pay, hopefully they'll take it seriously.

Do you have photos of the damaged tray? Then it's not too bad to hand it over, but I'd only be keen to do that if I knew they were taking my whole complaint seriously.

I would also be contacting trading standards to make them aware this is a faulty item.

Don't give them the tray. If you do, they'll "lose it" and nothing will ever come of it.

Good luck

ive been down and they needed the tray to process the complaint for evidence, i do have photographic evidence of it though, and ive printed of photos of the carpet/oven which they have too, they gave me a cqsc? number which is the case number and they said it could take 6-8 weeks to go through, but she said its going through to head office and somewhere else as it was a prestige product, not a asda product, went to have a look and there are no more silicone products on sale though?? so maybe im not the first one for it to happen to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->