A gorgeous new little man added to this world.

foreverfairy

Reaction score
So im really late at adding my birth story but i have been so busy and wrapped up in little one iv not had the time.

On the morning of 14th of June at about 6 i got up and looked down and felt my baby inside my belly for the very last time.Today was my C section day.it was so wierd knowing i was going to see him at some point that day.Oh was still asleep so i crept into my 4 year olds room and woke him up really gently and sat there with him giving him a big cuddle.This is when i got really emotional as it was also going to be the last time it was just me and him,i had quite a few times throughout the pregnancy when i felt really guilty about the fact i was having another baby.So i just wanted to savour the moment in a way,of it being just us,silly i know.To be honest there was also a little worry of what if something happens,what if i dont come back.I kept telling him how much i loved him and how he'll always be my baby too.I knew id be in safe hands but i wanted to know id said it all to him before i left.

After that i started to get ready,i had been told not to have a shower that morning and just to use these Sage wipes they gave me which i really didnt like so i had a wash aswell then used them.Then at quarter to 7 my dad knocked at the door he was giving us a lift so we didnt have to pay the highly priced parking at the hosp and my parents were also looking after my little boy that day.Off we went to the hospital and i gave dad and our son a kiss and cuddle.I really didnt want a big goodbye as i knew id cry.Im a right soppy person by the way lol.The hospital has a brand new maternity wing so when i got to the unit i was shown into this massive private room which was really nice and had a lovely ensuite and the most comfy chair that basically done everything except paint your nails,OH darted to it straight away pressing all the buttons going up and down like a big kid.
After a while an anethetist came in and started going over the op and any questions i had.Id had a c sect with my son but id been put to sleep ( which all the medical team were suprised at whenever i told them?) this time i was going to be awake so i was more nervous and had loads of last min questions for them.They were asking oh if he wanted to cut the cord,i just looked at him and said babe you probably wont want to do that.He is squemish and becacuse he hadnt come in last time i hadnt really explained much about the procedure as i didnt want him backing out on me.I'd already had my sister as a backup until the day before as i really didnt think he'd be able to come in.The more things they asked and explained he looked more grossed out and scared he looked by the second.It was hard trying not to laugh.lol.
After him i had a midwife come in and two other girls that explained they would be with me in the op room.Off they went and i settled down to read my mags.It was a tuesday which is my 'mag' day.I get the bumper pack,ok,new,okusa every week without fail.Sad i know lol but it replaced my cigerettes as soon as i got pregnant.
About 20 mins later one of the girls camre in and said there was no one else getting a c sect that morning so i was first on the list! I thought id be waiting there ages but she told me she'd be coming to get me in about half an hour.I started to get a bit nervous after that knowing that it was happening soon.Oh went a bit quiet and fidgety too.I got in my gown and oh went and got changed into his scrubs which made him look quite tasty.And we just sat thre for the next half an hour talking about how strange it was that the baby would be here soon and what we thought hed look like.
the girls came back after what felt like only ten mins.The time flew by. and we walked off to the op room.oh stayed outside the room and i walked in to be met by what seemed like bloody loads of people all grinning at me while im wobbling in with this rather unflattering gown on with me arse hanging out.Nice way of introducing myself hey!
I got ont the table and the anethetsist started talking me through bit by bit of what he was doing(now i may have these in the wrong order and miss out bits),he put the canular into my hand and introduced me to this lovely lady who was now going to be someone i could cling on to if it hurt.i was given a pillow to hunch over and he started smearing on the iodine i think it is.i felt a sharp scratch which was to numb it and then another.He told me i might get some sharp electric shock type feelings in my leg and not to move if i did.luckily i didnt.After that they hooked me up to the mchines and almost immedietly i stared to feel sick and began reaching to be sick.I heard him say to one of the team that was the fastest working one hes ever had and it had hit me so fast.After being sick a few times into a little bowl he was testing my legs and tummy.Using a cold spray at times.Oh came in after a bit and sat down i looked qat him and he was so sweaty pale and cluching a cup of water so he was not doing too well.The funny thing was throughout the op all the ladies kept saying to him 'are you ok love, would you like more water' bloody bloke taking away my moment lol.
Then the moment came,I felt loads of pushing onto my tummy which was rather unconfortable and it really does feel like washing going round in your tummy,Its definatly not comfy and i did feel like i was being crushed a bit but its not painful.The surgeon started to get all excited and was saying what a big baby it was and there suddenly seemed to be lots of gasps and wows being said excitedly.I did have a moment of 'jesus christ whats in there? is he an elephant or something'
Then at 10.19 i heard the best sound..My little baby boy crying.Immedietly i started blubbering and oh got teary too.They took him over to the table cleaned him up and broght him over.He was so cute.looked the spit of my other son as a baby.and he was rather big yes.Everyone started taking guesses at his weight and he came upon the scales at 9 15lbs!!! the surgeon said to me he had a really big umbilical cord.really fat and long and its the biggest hed seen .So two firsts that day for the professionals.I asked if that was ok and he said yeah,that it was a good thing and that it was a good healthy cord for a baby.He also said' do you want aniother baby,ill do it for you next year' laughing.So i guess he must of had alot of fun delivering my bubs lol.
Atter a cuddle with him and being stitched up and sorted out We was wheeled into the recovery room and i started being really sick again and came over really weak and super tired so i didnt get chance to hold him really.Oh gave him his first cuddle,first bottle and first nappy change while we was in there.Im so proud of him,He done so well bless him holding it together and then sorting out this little new born by himself.

So there it is my own little story of how my little man came into the world.All be it not as exciting as some others but just as special.After going onto the ward i was up and moving after a few hours and i had a shower which makes you feel better and after having my first proper cuddle i had that first proper ' i love him so much' moment,
Everything is good since weve been home although i did have a bad reaction to those sage wipes, i got the worst itchy rash all over me which lasted about 2 weeks they were like awful knat bites.I had a bit of trouble doing the weeks worth of anti inflammatry injections myself though too so had to have the mw in every day.But they are all done now.Iv also healed perfectly on my scar,the surgeon done it icredibly neat for me.and bubba is doing goodsleeping and feeding well.He is just perfect and soo cute.He does look like a 2 month old at times though as hes big.But its so strange as hes not the slightest bit chubby.Just long i think lol.

Thanks for being here on my journey throughout the trimesters.Good luck to all that still have their little ones to come and congrats to those that have become new mummys.Will be popping into the baby clubs and others along the way no doubt.
See you again next time round lol!!! xxxx

congratulations and wow what a lovely size baby

Lovely birth story congratualtions on your baby boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->