A letter to myself......

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
With all the stress of TTC i was thinking if you could write a letter to yourself what would you tell yourself?

Hey you, How you feeling? I know its been a whils since you asked yourself that and i guess your still not putting your needs first and you know what thats just not enough, you are just as important and deserve to be a mum just like everyone else. Yes it's going to be frustating and you will feel like it too late but you know what thats ok and these feelings are just normal, yes thats right just normal :hugs:

Your baby will come and if it doesn't thats ok too because you will have tried and felt the joy of planning, looking and sharing a dream. In no time at all you will find some amazing ladies who will understand this journey and your amazing friend who had her first at 43 will be your shining light and give you strength in your darkest hour.

chin up, stay positive and belive your baby is just waiting for the right time because she/ he really is doing just that waiting, i love you very much and don't forget to tell yourself that once in a while :hugs:

lot of love and baby dust

tigerlilly xx

That was such a sweet sentiment! Please keep your spirits up...like you said, "chin up, keep positive!" :hugs:

If it is a letter on here to myself most of the time I would say stop typing and get back to work!
Only joking, I hope you get your BFP soon Tigerlily and that it was all worth it. You give yourself good advice, be kind to your self, you deserve to be a mum and and it will happen, I´m repeating you in case you don´t listen to yourself, most of us don´t.
Good luck.

Oh SILs - don't get me started on one of mine :growlmad:

Remember you can't choose your family which is why friends are the family you pick for yourself :hugs:

Tigerlily try and minimise your exposure to this person who is dragging you down, like you'd avoid someone with an infectious disease

Northstar is right :thumbup:

I avoid the SIL who is negative to me like the plague. I have been honest with DH about it and he was shocked at first and it caused a little tension but he has watched her with me and he totally supports my need to keep her out of my life :)

I find what works for me is to remember that when it comes to me TTC the only people who have a say and who's opinions matters is my and my DH :)

Well said Macwooly, you nailed it! The only business it is, is yours and your OH/DH and everyone else should keep their beaks out!!

These women sound toxic and jealous of you - steer clear!!!

Well, although DH has family he's not in contact with them and I'm an only child so I'm fortunate that I don't have any destructive S's or SIL's thank God!! My Auntie (who I love to bits and consider a second Mum) told my Mum to tell me not to bother at my age. That's the only negative person I have come across and even so it suprised me that she'd said it, but then she's always got to have a negative opinion on EVERYTHING so I'm going to prove her wrong :haha:

Northstar is right

I avoid the SIL who is negative to me like the plague. I have been honest with DH about it and he was shocked at first and it caused a little tension but he has watched her with me and he totally supports my need to keep her out of my life

Exactly! Same here!

I regret that my hubby struggles with it a bit, but he cannot stand her himself...She is horrible! SELFISH - DEMANDING - EGOCENTRIC - SELF-INVOLVED - PASSIVE-AGGRESIVE - MANIPULATIVE - ENTITLED....etc, etc, etc...

Her own parents would rather move to where we are rather than closer to her even though she has their only 2 grandkids and has been begging them to move to where she is for years...

Hi Tigerlilly and all the other wonderful women on here - I'm new here, and I just wanted to tell Tigerlilly how much her letter touched me, and really gave me a lift when I badly needed it. TTC can be so draining, sometimes it feels like there's nothing left of me.
It seems that many of us have a SIL (or similar) who is causing us grief! As everyone has said, and as i had concluded also, the best thing on that front is to avoid such people, minimise contact with them, and focus only on you, your partner and your dreams. Lots of baby dust to everyone x

Try my situation it works very well in this respect. Find an man from another country and then learn enough of his language to communicate well between you, but not enough to understand his sister and brother who both speak French at the speed of a TGV in a hurry. Doesn´t matter what they say to me I only understand 40% at most and I interpret it as all positive. Does have its drawbacks too, and i miss watching tv with somebody but that sexy accent makes up for a lot of things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->