A little bit about us and our wedding plans!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself to the bride's bit of the forum (I'm normally in the toddlers bit), as after 2.5 years of being engaged we're FINALLY planning our wedding!!!

I'm Helen, I'm 26 and live with my fiancé (28) and our 18 month old son Micah. We got engaged in October 2011, only to find out I was pregnant in the following January, (a complete surprise) so everything went on hold until now!

We're hoping for around 150 guests, and are around 90% set on holding the ceremony in a planetarium and then having the reception in an old converted church which is a local live music venue. We're not having a sit down meal at all, just tables with no seating plan and no fancy silverware, there will be a toastie 'bar' where people can add their favourite toppings, and a customise your own hot chocolate bar too!

We're getting married on Jan 2nd as it's already our anniversary and then we won't have an extra date to remember! We're aiming for something a bit quirky, fun, and hopefully not too stressful. The idea is with no sit down meal, we don't need to go into the politics of who comes to the whole thing and who just comes to the evening, and we can easily invite people along nearer the time without breaking the bank or ruining the seating plan!

I can't walk in heels, so I'll be wearing my converse trainers! I've decided to make a statement out of it and wear a tea length dress with custom converse. Our colour scheme is red and aqua and stars will probably feature heavily if the planetarium plan goes ahead.

This is us (last year! I can't find a more recent one of the 3 of us together!):
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/Melon1687/IMG_86655228851402_zps20455615.jpg

Wow, sounds great. I love how unique it's sounding (love the idea of a toastie bar). Look forward to reading your journal and following your journey:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->