A little deflated today ...

mummymadness

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
Iam having a feel sorry for myself day today ..

I first told my mum i was pregnant when i did the test (I tell my mum everything) , I told her it certainly wasnt planned but we are very happy , I got the recpetion back i expected " It will be hard you have two little ones under 4 allready , Your silly you know . I am sure you are going to struggle so much " .
I understand my mum just worrys , After i had my early scan showing 8 weeks i decided i could tell other family members , My nanna said " You stupid girl " , My brother said " What the heck are you going to do now " , My cousin said soemthing of similar to the rest .... I soon saw a pattern emerging .
Not one person said congrats or awwww when i showed them the picture .
My nanna even had the cheek to say " March we have such a bloody busy month that month , Only you could pick that month " .
Iam feeling a little sad and down about it all , Yes were not the richest people in the world And Yes it will be hard with 3 children under 4 and under . But we are REAL good parents and i believe any child we have is loved and respected so thats what matters , Why carnt any one else see this ! .
I know they are only worrying about me , But it just hurt today .
Part of me now is just more determind to show we will cope just fine , If i ever need a cry or am stressed iam determind i wont ring any of my family as they will say " I told you so " .
Sorry for the rant girls just had to get it off my chest . x .

You probably deserve at least a million more!! :hugs: Don't let them get you down, just :ignore: them and know that you are a great mom and things will be fine!! :hugs:

I am so sorry that you got that sort of response. CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming new arrival!! What a lucky LO to have you as their mum. :) :hugs:

Thank you sooo much .
Iam glad the site is here , It is my support . (I know i have Oh but not that same as a womans natter lol).
The thing was i expected it from my mum , She worries allot and i know she will change her mind when she sees we flourish at parenthood yet again :) . BUt every one else suprised me .
It was like every one wanted me to be upset and beside myself with my shock descovery , I think every one thought i was selfish and silly for Being happy about the situation .. My jelly bean is a massive shock , But i feel privalaged and not sad or disheartened .
I do have nights were i lay in bed and worry if me and OH can keep the relationship strong through another baby and If money will stretch that far , But it will and we will cope and when i watch them all in bed at night curled up (I go in the kids room before i got to bed everynight and sit for about 20 mins watching) i know its all worth it .
Thanks girls for your comments , I feel strong and ready to prove my family wrong :). xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/images/smilies/ignore.gif them hunny, we are all so happy for your blessing! :hugs:

Awww.. I am sorry, sweetie. Congratulations though.

I am sure she's just worried about how you'll cope and whatnot.. She'll soon see that you can already cope and you're more than capable of coping with another.
Once she see's the bump progressing she'll ease off.. You know she'll support you regardless.
Hang in there..

I am sure she feels bad for saying what she said.. afterall, you're her baby and she only wants what is best for you. Your overall happiness is what she wants.

As for the rest of your family..they mean well, they just not being very tactful, nor understanding of how things could upset you. They'll come round.

Children are such a blessing. I'm so sorry your family has reacted that way.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Congratulations to you! Hopefully your family will come round - I'm thinking that they mean well, but just aren't very tactful.

Keep your chin up hun.

:hug:

You will be fine ignore thier comments and prove them wrong!! xx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

and Congratulations on expecting your lovely little jellybean xxx

I hope your family realise how horribe they've been.

x

First of all CONGRATS! Second, I'm sorry to hear you're family haven't exactly been supportive. If I were you I'd ignore all their negative comments and show them you CAN do it! Best of luck :hugs:

Thank you every one . After a good nights sleep a feel allot better .
You all sum it up correctly they just arnt very tactfull in the way they put things , It felt a little harsh but i will enjoy and prove i can cope just fine :) . Thank you very much every one . xx

awwh mummymadness hope ur feeling better today. Its not easy getting that kind of reaction when all you want is for ur family to share ur excitement n be happy for u. Im sure they will change their minds when they see how well you cope with it all. Stay positive the most important thing you can give to any baby is love n u got plenty of that.

I do understand how you feel - with my 2nd child i gt the same reaction from my mum. What will you do, how will you cope, u wont be able to do it ?? makes you feel crap. My belief is everything happens for a reason n for the best - n this pregnancy n baby was meant to be, i think ur gonna be a great mum to 3. x :hugs:

Iam having a feel sorry for myself day today ..

I first told my mum i was pregnant when i did the test (I tell my mum everything) , I told her it certainly wasnt planned but we are very happy , I got the recpetion back i expected " It will be hard you have two little ones under 4 allready , Your silly you know . I am sure you are going to struggle so much " .
I understand my mum just worrys , After i had my early scan showing 8 weeks i decided i could tell other family members , My nanna said " You stupid girl " , My brother said " What the heck are you going to do now " , My cousin said soemthing of similar to the rest .... I soon saw a pattern emerging .
Not one person said congrats or awwww when i showed them the picture .
My nanna even had the cheek to say " March we have such a bloody busy month that month , Only you could pick that month " .
Iam feeling a little sad and down about it all , Yes were not the richest people in the world And Yes it will be hard with 3 children under 4 and under . But we are REAL good parents and i believe any child we have is loved and respected so thats what matters , Why carnt any one else see this ! .
I know they are only worrying about me , But it just hurt today .
Part of me now is just more determind to show we will cope just fine , If i ever need a cry or am stressed iam determind i wont ring any of my family as they will say " I told you so " .
Sorry for the rant girls just had to get it off my chest . x .

Hi

I had the same reaction from my mum when i was expecting my forth. I was going to have 4 children under 6. She said to me "Dont you know how to have sex without making a baby". I was horrified.

Don't worry about it all, you concentrate on you and your baby and your other children.

Congratulations on yr pregnancy :yipee:
Sorry to hear your family are being so negative, youll get so much support from all us girlies on here instead :) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->