A little early, but baby shower?

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
When do you plan on having yours?

I'm due in March and I know I definitely want it early so that I'm not huge and uncomfortable while trying to socialize and open everything and getting all baby's stuff cleaned and organized. Plus I want enough time to buy expensive stuff that doesn't get bought.

I was thinking first part of January. What about you?

Something to think about, that is right after Christmas and at least where I come from January is a pretty tight month and most people are just done celebrating things!

I'm due March 15th and I was thinking about having mine at the beginning of December, mostly because I find that time magical.

I'm also due in March and am thinking about having my shower at the end of November or first week of December. I'm having mine early because I'll be moving out of state mid December, but I think it's a good idea to do it before the holidays too

Generally we do it around 6 weeks before due date. We will probably have mine mid February. I told my sister I want a "sprinkle" not a shower this time. I have a ton of stuff from DD and won't be needing a lot, plus we are cloth diapering so no need for that stuff either.

One of my close friends just asked me the same question. I would of course defer to what is convenient for the arrangers since there is out if state travel in winter but I think before Christmas is probably the most convenient

Dd was due march 8 and we had a shower planned for first of February, it was cancelled because of a snowstorm, and then dd arrived feb 14. So my shower ended up being after she was born, and I didn't have everything I needed and had to wash/organize everything. Definetely have it early!

I would love to do it before Christmas but just figured it's a tough time too with Christmas shopping? Ughh so difficult.

Another thing to think of is that during the holiday season people are going on holidays and will probably be spending money on gifts/holidays etc. So if you can avoid having it around then it'd probably benefit you more, I'm due January and having my baby shower in October

I'm due very early March, and I'm thinking probably the end of January. I have a friend who lives out of state who usually visits in late January, so I'm going to find out if she would want to come and try to arrange it for when she's here if she does. If she's not interested or not coming in January, I suspect it would still be around the same time. December is just too busy (we have a few family birthdays in addition to the holidays), and early January people are still recovering from Christmas. Any later than that and I'll start getting nervous about the baby showing up earlier and not having anything.

same with me. I know January is a very difficult time for us money wise because of yearly bills that need to be paid, plus coming off of Christmas, plus taxes start. So I really didn't want to do it in January, but I wont be able to get the remaining things off of the registry that I need between January-March either because of the above list. I wouldn't never do it right at Christmas even though I love Christmas time. Then My birthday is Dec. 12th and we have our company Christmas party which is a cruise this year the 11th-15th. So it would have to be like the first of December or before thanksgiving because I don't want to do it THanksgiving day because of Black Friday and that is when a lot of people spend most of their money Christmas shopping..

So I don't think it matters when I do it, its going to be a difficult time. It is just a matter of which time is least difficult!

I'm so glad I found this thread, b/c I haven't given the shower much thought, except for how I want to be surprised lol..other than that, I didn't realize that being due in March (25th) really throws off the shower's possible date. PPs are right, you have it in early December (for me it could be too early as I'll only be 6 months??) you do have to think about both holidays. January still no good due to prev holidays and anytime after that does seem too late, as you may think about early labor!! Boy, I never thought about any of this before. Now I'm stumped :wacko: GL to whoever's gonna plan or help me plan this haha
Thanks for the ideas though

I am definitely in a predicament now. I already thought that having my shower late november/early december was going to be too early. Now, I just found out that we are going to be moving to another state in October, and all of my family and friends are here. I guess I might have to have a SUPER early shower and do it in October before we leave. Otherwise I won't be able to have a shower at all, and I don't have anything since my kids are 5 now.

Is it weird to have my shower when I am only 20 weeks? I mean, considering the circumstances. :shrug:

I don't think so. If that's the only time you can have it I'd say go for it!

Huh, I didn't even think about that. I'm due March 31st, so that puts 6 weeks prior to baby sometime in mid-Feb. We live a few hours away from family, so that would suck if we ended up not being able to go to our own shower (or have people not able to come to us) because it decided to snow 3 feet the night before. Might see about near Christmas, maybe Jan. We'll see how things work out. Family's not even going to find out until Sept though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->