A little late Announcing the birth of Imogen Mae 16.05.10

MrsJaredLeto

baby girl& expectin no.2!
Reaction score
Imogen Mae Reilly was born on 16.05.10 at 12:36pm weighing in at 7lbs 3oz

It was a home birth and although it was a very quick labour (6hrs56min) I still managed to get a couple of hours use out of my birthing pool and deliver my goorgeous girl in it with a 15 min pushing stage! It was absolutely the most amazig experience of my life and I really WOULD do it again to have her.

Attachment 96186

Attachment 96187

It all started out with the usually 'false alarm Braxton Hicks' I couldn't sleep as I was uncomfortable with a very stiff achy back. I got up at 4am went on the birthing ball. Eventually at 5 it was getting a little painful but I'd has so many false alarms before I thought that's what it was. By 6am I needed the TENS for my back and in the half an hour before I ACTUALLY KNEW I was in labour I had to turn it up frequently. I tried eating some breakfast but felt too sick; before i could even try to finish it I got a very tight contraction quite low and its like I could feel it cupping around her head. It took me by suprise to suddenly get strong so fast but I breathed and walked through them to help it along. There was no WAY I was gonna let this slow down I wanted this baby out now! Before 7am they were quite intense long lasting contractions. I'd have to sway my hips from side to sid from start to finish to cope. My mum filled the pool and just in time I REALLY needed some relief at this point. I got in and felt better just the weight being taken off my back was nice. A few minutes later it was the very bad stage, I was staarting to feel like screaming the place down, bearing in mind I had no midwife still thinking this was very early stages I though ''omg if this is the beginning and I cant sit or stand, lean on my front nothing relieves this pain whatsoever what will the middle be like let alone the end?!''

TRANSITION STAGE IS THE HARDEST

I was starting to feel the urge to push 9ish but didnt tell my family as i didnt think i was that dialated. By 10 I couldnt bear it in the pool I needed someone to rub my back and I had a towel to bite
I felt like my teeth were gonna fall out I was biting so hard! around 11:45am mum called the midwife th phonecall felt like forever she was like ''oh shes in labour... how is she coping'' i felt like swearing my head off i needed to push and I was cos this was the point where you're pushing just by breathing your body can't stop itself. PUSHING She eventually got her ass over when she heard me shout ''I need to push I cant stop aaaahhhh'' lol. She got here I felt somewhat relieved but I knew she was gonna say you're only ''5cm'' or something. She did an internal which hurt like hell! told me no wonder im feeling like this im 9.5cm dialated and ready to push baby's head was right there!! :happydance: time was 12:10pm no second midwife but they needed one. I got back in the pool and started breathing and just waiting til my body told me to push. I wasn't scared anymore I just went with the flow and pushed as long as I could it was a silent time and relaxing even though I was pushing. When the head is right there you push with all your strength and for a moment you feel hopeless like ''how the f***k is this head gonna fit through here, I'll break in half!'' :huh:but then your body just pushes and pushes and the head comes out a bit then when the head is out the body basically slides out and hardly hurts as much as your first pushes. DELIVERY She was out without my knowing the midwife said ;''You've done it Lauren pick up your baby'' I was in so much shock she floated up to the water I lifted her and heard that sweet tiny cry, her beautiful blue eyes peeped at me her tiny body felt so warm and I felt so much love i've never experienced in my life all the pain disappeared out of my memory all there was me and her it felt like she was the only person there with me and the most important part of me. :cloud9:

FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS AFTER BIRTH
I pushed out the placenta and had stitches no pain releif for the whole labour not even gas & air I'm so proud I did it and I'll never forget that day. Home birth was the best decision I made, It really is so relaxing also you're not so tempted to give in and have pain relief. I felt a bit like Superwoman after the birth I couldn't believe I'd made this little beauty let alone pushed her out! :) I can't imagine ever giving birth in hospital now and hope for my future births to be at home, too. My baby girl means so much to me and we have the strongest bond there can ever be between two people. She is a loving content baby and still loves the water and I like to think the calmness of the whole event has made her the type of baby she is today. :baby:

I love you Imogen you've changed my life and my world you've made me a calmer happier person you just have to look at me and I'm smiling all day You're my everything baby girl and I hope to give you a brilliant life and be a fantastic mummy that you deserve

Imogen is 7 weeks old
Good luck for all your births hope it goes the way you planned!

Attachment 96186

Attachment 96187

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 13
  • P6100204.jpg
    P6100204.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P6160300.jpg
    P6160300.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 21
Congrats on ur baby girl :angel: may she be blessed!!:kiss:

your story is great!! it made my day! i am considering home birth too if i am ever pregnant!:hugs:

Congrats on ur baby girl :angel: may she be blessed!!:kiss:

your story is great!! it made my day! i am considering home birth too if i am ever pregnant!:hugs:

aww thanks very much, and i wish you all the best in getting pregnant and a home birth really is so amazing so good luck xx :hugs:

I read this in homebirth section but congrats again. She really is just beautiful! Well done!

congratulations x your story just made me cry feeling very hormonal at the moment lol but know exactly what you mean about your little girl making you a calmer happier person its mad what those vulnerable little babies do to us isnt it :) all the best for the future honey your little girl is beautiful you were so brave, hope I cope aswell as you did xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->