A little shocked an confused.

Emzee

Reaction score
Hi ladies

basically I have been ttc since January with no luck, so earlier this monh I ordered some one step ovulation sticks, pre seed and some AC - Agnus cactus. They all arrived today, and as I have never used a OPK before I thought I'd give one a try just to get familiarised with them.

I was expecting it be a deffo negative as my af is due on Monday. Now since coming off the pill my cycles have been 35 days and I think I have a short luteal phase. So I was shocked when within a couple of minutes a line shows up, albeit quite faint but it's deffo there.
So is it just one of these evap lines I've been hearing about? Or have I quite possibly ovulated very late this cycle and this is just the remaints or the surge going out of my system?
As I said considering af is due Monday and pregnancy test was BFN i'm quite confused, any info would be greatly appreciated x

I think that I would access the site that sold you those strips, and see what *they* show is a positive test result. The main thing to remember is you MUST read them at the correct time and it's s colour-change you are looking for, not just the appearance of a vague line.

On the other hand, and just in CASE, if I were you, I'd be BD-ing tonight like crazy! :winkwink:

Ovulation tests are different to pregnancy tests in that they are only positve if the test is as dark as the control line. You will often get a faint line as there is always a small amount of LH in our systems, but the test is lokking for the surge of LH you get just before you ovulate. However I find that the cheapie tests never get very dark, but def darker than other days! Good luck xx

I used a OPK 3 days before AF was due and It came up with 2 lines. the OPK picked my pregnancy up before an actual pregnancy test :)

Mine always have a faint second line. It's only positive when they as dark as the control line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->